Please add "Panic" button

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meott

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFeather21 View Post
Pro's make the meta changes, not ranked players that post their "great" ideas on the forums.
This post is a good example of what I'm talking about. Intolerant people will end up penalizing players for unjust reasons like this. It's a kind of mob rule. The Tribunal report system at least has clarified standards by which it is supposed to act. With this panic button idea, there's no standard criteria of what is right or wrong, no recourse for the person punished, and no accountability for the people doing the punishing.

KnightxSScarlett

12-31-2012

No. Bad idea is bad.

BigDoodleinyabum

12-31-2012

That's a good idea like you can panic them and if the other teamates agree queue disbands and the panicer gets a queue thing

Fiveagen

Recruiter

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDoodleinyabum View Post
That's a good idea like you can panic them and if the other teamates agree queue disbands and the panicer gets a queue thing
I don't know if this is actually English.

YinYangBomber

01-01-2013

The problem with this idea, however, is that trolls could use it as well. Imagine 3 or 4 trolls together. This would be so abused and much grief would be caused. They would go from game to game, making people who didn't do anything wrong suffer a wait period or worse. Even if there was a cooldown on the panic button, or a certain number of times you could use it a day, this would inevitably be used by trolls.

Rompemann

01-01-2013

The potential for abuse is too great with this.

But it would be good to have some system in place to counter this sort of griefing. Maybe a tribunal of sorts, where if a majority of players vote against one player, the game is dodged, no one suffers a dodge penalty but the pre-game chat log is sent to a tribunal that can then punish either the troll, or in the case of a 3-4 premade griefing other players, punishing those instead. I am a total noob but the potential for trolling and griefing seems way too great at the moment.

BigWenus

01-01-2013

Beautiful idea. Holy Frick

Sephrinx

01-01-2013

Riot hates us and will never add such a simple mechanic. They want us to suffer through trolls and feeders so we can get high blood pressure and be super stressed out and increase out chances of a heart attack and stroke so we die younger. It's all a depopulation conspiracy.

Sephrinx

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompemann View Post
The potential for abuse is too great with this.

But it would be good to have some system in place to counter this sort of griefing. Maybe a tribunal of sorts, where if a majority of players vote against one player, the game is dodged, no one suffers a dodge penalty but the pre-game chat log is sent to a tribunal that can then punish either the troll, or in the case of a 3-4 premade griefing other players, punishing those instead. I am a total noob but the potential for trolling and griefing seems way too great at the moment.
You can't 3-4 premade in ranked. You can solo, duo, or 5man.

Causing Panic

01-01-2013

Did i cause this panic ;D?