ELO is dumb

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

corder31

01-02-2013

im 20 and 20 in my ranked games averaging 6.6 kills and 3.3 deaths with 7.1 assists around 1550 elo ... im always encouraging my team but im still 20 and 20...i dont know what to do ..elo is dumb

Disgruntler

01-02-2013

A system that tries to matchmake you so you're 50/50 in wins has made me 50/50 in wins.

Must be something wrong.

Míley Dyrus

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by corder31 View Post
im 20 and 20 in my ranked games averaging 6.6 kills and 3.3 deaths with 7.1 assists around 1550 elo ... im always encouraging my team but im still 20 and 20...i dont know what to do ..elo is dumb
You have a higher KD than an average player and a higher elo than an average player. I see no discrepancies here.

adc

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTangerine View Post
You have a higher KD than an average player and a higher elo than an average player. I see no discrepancies here.
No, the thing he's complaining about is that he has a higher KDA than the average player playing at a level higher than the average player plays at.

To OP: You might get kills, but you have to capitalize. It doesn't matter if you're 50/0 if you never push or take an objective from that.

corder31

01-02-2013

thing is its hard to take objectives by yourself when i get the worst teammates ever

fakeagent1932

01-02-2013

lol

Voyles

01-02-2013

I used to play Unreal Tournament back in the day very competitively with around a 2300 ELO overall and 2800 in Death Match (only link I can find and this is UT3 not original UT: http://ut3stats.dfbgaming.com/index....ame_name=ut3pc). I could be in a Death Match and have 25 kills and only 3 deaths and still lose ELO because someone with a low ELO killed me when they shouldn't have.

I think most people's misunderstanding of ELO is that there is a set amount that you either gain or lose from a game. This is not true. Match making does try it's best of finding teams that are close in ELO but not exactly. You will lose more if you were suppose to win. Unreal Tournament never had a match making system like this but ELO still worked.

Stop blaming the ELO system or even match making and just enjoy yourselves. Statistically speaking, 50% of the time there will be losers. Don't take it out on your team mates if you are part of that 50%. Enjoy playing the game.

corder31

01-02-2013

hard to enjoy playing the game when im trying to win?

charizard55

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by corder31 View Post
hard to enjoy playing the game when im trying to win?
If ur not enjoying yourself then what's the point

TheRealBOBDOLE

01-02-2013

ELO itself is a broken system for team games. A legitimate matchmaking system should never "expect" you to lose. ELO was designed for tracking PERSONAL stats, and riot stupidly tried to apply a binary system to a dynamic TEAM game.