Elo Hell is Fake.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Treza

12-31-2012

i dont understand how people say elo hell doesnt exist...

its near impossible to singlehandedly carry your team to victory while the rest of your team fails on all fronts. these games will not happen often.. but they do happen

elo hell is basically the group of people who luck has decided will have this happen more frequent to than other players. mathematically its completely possible to be the best player in the world and drop to 800 elo through sheer bad luck.. yes its not common but it is conceivable for great players to wind up down there. elo hell is this group of players

with that said, most of the people who think theyre in elo hell are just people who arent as good as they think they are.. but to deny its existence is to refute the existence of math itself

futuresight23

12-31-2012

Sometimes I get the feeling that for some people talking about Elo Hell, they seem so hell bent on blaming the trolls, the newbies, the players that have bad games that they never bother to search for flaws in their own gameplay and work to rectify those flaws.

Having the right mindset going in is probably the best idea.

futuresight23

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treza View Post
i dont understand how people say elo hell doesnt exist...

its near impossible to singlehandedly carry your team to victory while the rest of your team fails on all fronts. these games will not happen often.. but they do happen

elo hell is basically the group of people who luck has decided will have this happen more frequent to than other players. mathematically its completely possible to be the best player in the world and drop to 800 elo through sheer bad luck.. yes its not common but it is conceivable for great players to wind up down there. elo hell is this group of players

with that said, most of the people who think theyre in elo hell are just people who arent as good as they think they are.. but to deny its existence is to refute the existence of math itself
I would probably say that the odds of a player like say Froggen or Doublelift or Scarra making a smurf and then falling to 800 elo even with them playing their best is about as likely as winning the lottery then getting struck by a meteor on the same day. Sure it could happen but the odds are astronomical.

Legit Rift

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookedarm View Post
What's up with all these people saying elo hell exists? It's as simple as carrying your team and learning more and more to improve your skills. If you can't even win your lane more than AT LEAST 50% of the time then why are you complaining? If you want to win the game, you have to win your lane, take their tower and roam. If you win your lane take tower, and if you continue to farm completely overextended then all you are doing is nothing. Leave your lane. Go snowball even harder, get other lanes fed, don't take their farm, and get objectives.

And of course there will be all of you that like to argue and say your team feeds and get afk'ers every other game. But what you are saying is just statistically retarded. The other team will have these people as well. Dont piss off your team and well I know it's hard but just TRY and be silent every time they die or do something stupid, just say gj when they do something good, that there will win you many more games.

Build armor/mr depending on who does the most damage, especially if its a champ that snowballs easily. Every point of armor/mr is 1% effective health. 100 health with 1 armor gets you 101 health against physical damage. 1000 health with 10 armor gets you 1100 health against physical damage, same with mr.

Learn how to focus these fed individuals in team fights, I find over 70% of the time I can go ham on their adc or whatever and the only person attacking me is theirselves.

Buy a GA. Nuff said.

Stop crying about how bad your team is. You are a part of your team so every time you say you get teams that suck more than the bots you are just insulting yourself tbh.

Well, my intention for making this post was originally to just vent at the people crying about elo hell. It's pretty absurd to say you are better than everybody at your elo. And it sounds stupid to everybody but yourself. I ended up giving tips as well, that I have learned from personal experience. I'm not making this thread to say I'm good or for people to look me up on lolking. I'm only about 1.1k elo. The more people that don't believe in elo hell, the more people that won't be in it. Elo is just a number anyway.
i contantly go positive aand my team constantly feeds.... i caant do anything with a fed other team .

PoisonedPeace

12-31-2012

Im at 750 elo on my smurf and I have played about 50 games maybe?
I have encountered maybe two leavers (counting enemy leavers as well) and no more than 2 or 3 trolls.

What you people don't understand is that it takes more than good lane mechanics to win a game.

Some things I noticed happen in low elo games
-No wards. After laning phase an occasional ward is thrown in a random place
-No buff/objective control (Baron/dragon never warded and players don't know how to prep)
-Greedy. Everyone thinks they should carry the team so they try to get kills that they cant
-Map awareness. I watched a kid turret dive adc and support while the enemy jungle stood in tri bush (warded).
-"Focus" this one makes me laugh. Focus? If the adc is behind all of his teammates (which he should be), why would everybody run into the middle and try to get to the adc? It lets the other team focus the AP and AD carry and then you have no damage. So you already lost the teamfight.

Kids in "elo hell" think they are good because they can hit 60 farm at 10 minutes without dying in lane.

To win at the low elo, you need to control the game. Keep your "good" lane mechanics, and gain control of dragon/baron, and buffs. Ward Ward Ward. I promise if you ward a lot your elo will increase. Rather quickly.

Hoisengerd

12-31-2012

elo hell is real...at least the experience of it, regi tells you himself, this is the true elo hell, what regi explains here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQlKCPoqyfc