My FPS problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twillera

12-31-2012

Let me start off with saying that my computer is about a year old, and not super heavily used.

For the past weeks, mostly December, I have been getting random lag spikes. Il be in a game and my FPS rate will drop to single digits (4 is the most common). A month ago I was playing on high across the board, and it was fine. Now, im reduced to playing on low across the board, cause its the only way I can stay in a team fight without lagging out 100%, and even then it still a drop.

Before I was sitting at about 30-40 FPS average, not a great rate yes, but for me, it was fine. At first I thought it was my wireless, seeing as my brothers have come back for xmas, and that means more devices on the same network. I thought this until i noticed that it didnt stop if they turned of their computers or left. I was getting the same problem at 12 with everyone awake as i was 12 hours later, when everyone was shut off and asleep. Iv checked, and when i lag out, my ping is fine, as the internet on everything else is fine ( Duo screens so i can check if my web is working very easily)

I have not changed my computer much recently, not have I greatly increased the amount I use it. Iv installed maybe 1 more game recently? But not enough to slow my computer. I has plenty of space left.

My question is: Is this an internal thing, has something happened to my computer, and if so can I fix it, or is it something within LOL itself. Is it just laggy now, or has it increased it requirements drastically and I didnt notice it in the patch notes? Has anyone been having a similar issue?

Twillera

12-31-2012

bump

Twillera

12-31-2012

bumpitdy

Luhz

12-31-2012

could be overheating. Mine used to drop fps after a day of use until I cleaned the fan and elevated the laptop. Even though you may not be on a laptop, could still be that the fan needs cleaning or something.

Twillera

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayzial View Post
could be overheating. Mine used to drop fps after a day of use until I cleaned the fan and elevated the laptop. Even though you may not be on a laptop, could still be that the fan needs cleaning or something.
Is cleaning a fan hard? (i do use a laptop)

Luhz

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eceto View Post
Is cleaning a fan hard? (i do use a laptop)
Nope, it's actually pretty simple, especially with a laptop, and trust me I'm worse with computer hardware than anyone in the WORLD. Look up the instructions for how to access the inside of your laptop and open it up from the bottom and just clean it out. I used one of those compressed cans of air to clean mine out, but I guess other methods could work fine as well

The Last Theif

01-01-2013

I have the same problem and I KNOW its not my fan it clean as can be