I successfully carried a game as Udyr.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ternce

12-31-2012

Ask me anything about it.

Not that this is anything special, I've just been seeing a lot of "Oh man, he's fallen so far behind" and "Oh boy, we need to buff Udyr". I think he's fine. I'm not a platinum or diamond ranked guy, so I don't know how he holds up up there, but I'm firmly of the opinion that Udyr is a lot like Xin Zhao and Darius, in that he can just crush people who aren't platinum or diamond ranked guys.

Season 3 really opened up a lot of options as far as not getting kited. Boots of Swiftness, Zephyr, and Iceborn Gauntlet make you an inescapable death vortex. Pair that up with the slow reduction and tenacity masteries in the defense tree, and he's very very mobile. Don't buy into the mindset that "Oh man, one slow and he's done," it's absolutely not true.

Anyway, just gonna leave this here, that he's still viable. He's a very simple champion that you have to get a little creative with to be effective, but he's still good. Udyr can still hang. He's no slouch.

IConquer1101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Huh. the enemy team is even full of dashes, snares, and slows.

color me impressed.

USnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

I've been playing him a lot. zephyr is super ill although I feel greedy every time I buy it.

I dunno, I like him >:D

I've been running utility in jungle, the money is very helpful and you don't need to start with 5 pots anyway which adds up to a big money lead early