Champs to carry your team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSD Gimpy

05-31-2012

I've played well over 2000 games of league, not trying to brag, just trying to say i've played my fair share of games. Im stuck at 1200 ELO, but that doesn't really matter.

I'm looking for champions that carry games in general. I'm looking for champions that will either carry, or just do very well for the team late game, if you know what I mean. I'm not looking for just one lane, but in general; what champions should i play for each lane?

Not sure what to play for top

Mid
Leblanc / Ahri / Viktor / Kass (if not banned) Seems to carry hard. Viktor isn't as good, but can easily get **** done in lane, and using his ult and AOE stun correctly in team fights can change a game. Just throwing this in here; I really enjoy Orianna too, because she can be very supportive and still have a great damage output.

Jungle
Not so sure with jungle, I like jungle Skarner and Nocturne...

AD Carry
Bot lane I find Caitlyn and Ashe to be amazing. Just personal. Vayne is good if they're tanky, and Graves is always a great pick imo, but i prefer Caitlyn.

Support
For support, this is somewhat biased ,but almost all of my ranked wins are from support Soraka. I'm finding that Soraka is just fking amazing, If you know what you're doing of course. I suppose it all depends on your ad carry, but Alistar, Soraka, and Leona are the ones im finding to be best.

Guys mind helping me out?

Really looking for reccomended champs for Top, Jungle, and Bot lane (AD and Support)

lulzwhut

05-31-2012

Top lane carries;
Riven, Cho'Gath, Irelia, Mordekaiser, Warwick, Olaf are examples of people that, if they snowball early or are played correctly, can absolutely carry late game.

Mid lane;
Swain, Cassiopeia, Kassadin, Annie, Karth, Fizz, Ryze, Vlad, Morgana.

Jungle;
Rammus, Lee Sin, Shyvanna, Udyr, Warwick, Amumu.

Ranged Carry;
Graves can destroy early, Caitlyn can make the other team's bot lane so difficult that they don't carry over to late game strong at all, Vayne destroys mid game, Ashe can carry late game, Corki is a very strong carry, and eZ can be decent. Tristana is amazing late game as well. Sivir's burst is strong.

Support;
Blitz, Alistar, Leona, Taric, Soraka, and Sona, are all very, very strong supports, with the first three being able to give their carries kills and the last three being able to sustain their carry. If you want to stray from being a sheep, Kennen, Fiddlesticks, Gangplank, Ashe, and somewhat Nidalee are decent supports as they possess a kind of steroid for the Carry and can morph into a carry themselves late game. They also provide decent poke on the other carry and can zone them out, denying creeps and exp.

A lot of the potential carry late game from the ranged carry depends on the laning phase. If you can deny the other carry, their late game will be much more difficult than yours.
Ask your jungler for ganks, even if the gank won't produce a kill. By putting pressure on the opponent and bringing their health down with a gank, you force them to play more safely due to the lower HP, giving you the ability to farm more freely and zone harder.

A lot of it is counterpicking. For example, if you first pick Riven and get counterpicked top, your snowball isn't going to go as smoothly as hoped and you could end up feeding instead of carrying.

If you need anything else, feel free to add me.

Boomstick II

05-31-2012

Jax is one of the strongest top laners late game IMO

Proletaria

05-31-2012

Carrying your team is done from just about any position, but it's more about keeping team morale high than anything else.

As you might suspect the easiest way to do this is to dominate your lane and help other lanes that are having trouble. Ultimately the easiest way to do this is go mid or jungle and pick a champ that has a strong early-mid game and snowballs hard. If you intend to do this from the top lane you'll want a mobile champ (or be sure to take teleport). Bot is tricky to lead from, but if you really punish your lane (Urgot comes to mind) early it's entirely possible for you to create pressure outside your lane. As support you should just focus on keeping the team from getting at each other's throats, keep plentiful wards down, and try to coordinate things as the laning phase ends.

As far as which champs carry teams best, there are almost no champs that cannot do it to some extent, you should simply play the appropriate champ for your team and the enemy team's composition.

Themrbill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

I like Sion/mordekaiser mid. Sion rapes early/mid game, and end game when fed. Morde can almost 1v5 late game if you outfarm everyone properly, and he can gank top or bot when he gets 6 (preferably bot so you can snag a double kill with a ghost, or a triple if you're counterganking).

xEzrealAsItGets

01-02-2013

I carry with these champs...

Mid - Morde and LeBlanc ( 2 Pentas as Morde )

Top - Darius and Jayce ( Dunk Masters )

ADC - Caitlyn ( Range poke girl )

Support - Lulu ( Kool-aid OP )

Jungle - Shaco ( #Splitpush )

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

For champions that are generally a pain to deal with when fed and played properly (even when the other lanes don't do so well):

Top: Singed (don't really even need to be fed, just well farmed), Cho'gath, Jayce, Rumble, Riven, Jax (if allowed to start whacking at people), pantheon [insert list of top champions that snowball well]

Mid: Orianna, Leblanc, Veigar..... [insert list of champions that perform remotely well when snowballed]

Jungle: Lee sin, Mundo, [insert list of champions that gank well and have good mid-late game presence when farmed/fed]

ADC: Vayne (lategame hypercarry), Kog'Maw (if protected), [insert every other ADC when fed]

Support: Just Carry the carry. Most conventional and contemporary tank supports do this well.

TL;DR - there really isn't a group of champions that can effectively carry a team the best. In truth, anyone who snowballs even remotely well when fed is capable of being a huge pain in the ass for the enemy team to deal with, and anyone when played well and effectively (even supports! although you "carry" in a different sense, in that you "carry the carry" by keeping him/her alive and fed) is capable of leading their team to victory.

Fabbyyy

01-02-2013

For jungle, since lee sin falls off so much, I don't really see how he can carry, his ganks are great early, and can get your lanes fed, but lee sin himself, in my opinion cannot carry.