Another useful SS?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackfire447

12-31-2012

What if they added another SS that could be used to fill some of the reasons people use flash

I feel the thing about flash is it is so versatile.

Galio uses it offensively to initiate fights. As does Ali.

But Carries use it defensively to get away from the bruiser that jumps on them.

Everyone uses it to position themselves, via jumping over a wall or such.

So what if they made a SS that focused on just one area.

For example, a spell that you can use to escape that pushes back all nearby enemies and slows them. Carries could use this instead of flash so they could put some distance between them and the bruisers, or to give them time to kill them, but Galio would still stick with flash because he needs it for the initiation. This means that you now have a choice as to which SS you want on your carry, and allows people that need flash to keep it.

Or maybe a summoner that shoots out a line shot that slows nearby enemies, thus can be used either offensively to slow the enemies before initiating, or defensively, to help you escape. I feel this could be useful because it is a skillshot, as currently, all SS are so easy to use and require no skill at all, outside of someone exhausting the wrong target or such, they are very simple to use.

Just seems like Riot always talks about how much they want new builds and diverse builds and such, yet 90% of players take flash.

Stretta

12-31-2012

Mini Janna ult?

Baalhrezem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Guys.

What if Cleanse and Ghost were the same summoner spell.

Blackfire447

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretta View Post
Mini Janna ult?
Pretty much, besides the heal.

Just seems like it'd fit a niche of champs (mostly ADCs), thus lowering the amount of champs that need flash, thus diversifying the SS picks.

xXMORDEKAISERXx

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalhrezem View Post
Guys.

What if Cleanse and Ghost were the same summoner spell.
Then I would go flash/ghostcleanse every game as AD

fishnchipsmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

because giving hard cc in a summoner spell is a ridiculous idea. unmitigatable cc at that

UnstoppableTank

12-31-2012

fiddlestick ult and flash very good!

Blackfire447

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnchipsmate View Post
because giving hard cc in a summoner spell is a ridiculous idea. unmitigatable cc at that
But giving an unmitigatable get-out-of-jail free card isn't ridiculous? (aka Flash) It'd be different if you could stop flash, but you can't.

And I'm not saying that that exact SS needs to be in the game, but something that can fill some of the reasons people use flash a little better, and diversify the SS picks a little.

And what about the line skillshot that slows, no hard CC, can be a strong slow so you can put distance between people, or catch up with them.

Häßlich

12-31-2012

Well if Ghost had immunity to movement impairment, it might see a lot more play than Flash, and that might be good.

Flash's range is so trash now that you have to literally hump the damn wall for a 50% chance that you'll successfully see the other side of it. The range is what made it good, but I think it needs a different cost than just a long cooldown. Perhaps a %hp tax (5% current), or %dmg, armor, and/or MR debuff for 6 secs, or something... I think the hp cost is the most fair since it retains its usefulness in both escapes and initiation.

Cleanse needs something to make it more useful. Maybe straight CC immunity instead of the buffed type of tenacity it currently gives.

Heal needs AP scaling. 'Nuff said.

Clarity needs short term rapid regen on top of the instant restore. It also needs to apply to every resource type.

CV needs a wider radius and longer duration. Or maybe just a shorter cooldown. It has seen a lot less play since Sightstone gets used so often.

Smite needs a 1s stun component (since it doesn't apply to champs anyway) to make junglers take less damage from camps.

Teleport should grant a temporary shield or tenacity buff after you arrive at your target (8 seconds or so).

Promote needs to be put back in, and instead of super buffing a super minion, it should have a scaling buff for all nearby minions to do extra damage and heal them.

Surge needs to be put back in, and grant a small % of life steal and spell vamp (maybe 5%), or scale (maybe up to 10%).

Need new summoner spells as well, though I'm not sure right now what would work well. These are just some ideas. I think most of the SSs need more utility/impact, and with the ever growing trend of champs having lots of CCs or gap-closers, the utility of SSs should reflect a desire to counter play that as well.

Blackfire447

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgan View Post
Then I would go flash/ghostcleanse every game as AD
And is that necessarily a bad thing? I would assume that Cleanse would have to be nerfed in some ways to be added with ghost, such as eliminating iginte and exhaust, meaning if you took both ghost and flash you'd be at a disadvantage in fights with the enemy carry if they took ignite or exhaust.