Someone is upset they have to support...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirElfishOne

01-02-2013

So they random a champion. I dodge because I don't want a free loss. I get 30 minute queue timer.
Why can't you just make it to where if someone randoms a champion in a ranked game is automatically makes them dodge the match. Reduces the amount of trolling, if someone actually is afk then their team doesn't suffer, and people are held accountable for their own actions instead of making other people have to wait a half an hour.

phil002

01-02-2013

Soon it comes down to you getting mad they didnt pick who you wanted them to?

Maybe they can support just fine with anyone.

Not surprised considering your name

Disgruntler

01-02-2013

ITT:

OP who doesn't want to support upset someone else doesn't want to support.

Niiko The Goat

01-02-2013

Why don't you play support then???

Shukarhazh

01-02-2013

l2support.

Seriously. This is the least-sought-after role, so learning it greatly improves your odds of actually having a good team. And I can tell you from experience that you'll still have a chance to play other roles - I routinely end up as jungler and ADC even when vying for the support spot.

I'd support an auto-kick that detects disconnects/lack of user input (a lack of this feature has rendered me the "jackass" who AFKed because I couldn't panic-dodge fast enough) but not a feature that auto-kicks a hard random. Yes, the hard random is kinda stupid, but it can be worked around, while an AFK cannot.

Also, I'd much rather eat a dodge timer than lose elo, and I'd still rather be the one to eat a dodge timer than have trolldodgers spam me with dodging just to keep me and 9 other players out of a game. It's not the absolute best, but it's better than what could be.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-02-2013

This guy is Diamond Elo season 2. He's about 1900 right now. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he is, believe it or not, able to support.

What he's complaining about, in case you guys didn't figure it out, is that last pick/second last pick (I'm assuming here, but it makes sense) didn't want to support, and since all the other roles were taken, they randomed a champion instead of going support. So he dodged.

But I guess logical reasoning and observing a player's badges are hard to do, too.

Shukarhazh

01-02-2013

Oh, wow. I did, in fact, completely overlook the gold and silver badges. I'm getting far too used to "we should queue for roles" and "i get really fed but elo hell" threads... and being in low elo doesn't help matters. *takes a step back*

Still, isn't role assignment managed during bans? And, back to the suggestion, even if there's an issue with hard-randoming, making that an auto-kick would prevent players from being able to use that feature for an interesting challenge, should they choose. Whether having that option outweighs the auto-lock trolls... I can't say.

TestyCarrot

01-02-2013

this is why i support lul no one likes it

oh ya it says somethin bout that in the code take positions no one wants to avoid conflict

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukarhazh View Post
Oh, wow. I did, in fact, completely overlook the gold and silver badges. I'm getting far too used to "we should queue for roles" and "i get really fed but elo hell" threads... and being in low elo doesn't help matters. *takes a step back*

Still, isn't role assignment managed during bans? And, back to the suggestion, even if there's an issue with hard-randoming, making that an auto-kick would prevent players from being able to use that feature for an interesting challenge, should they choose. Whether having that option outweighs the auto-lock trolls... I can't say.
Sure, it's managed during bans. But if first pick, second pick, third pick, and fourth pick call the other four roles, last pick is stuck with support, and if they don't want to...

Disgruntler

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
This guy is Diamond Elo season 2. He's about 1900 right now. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he is, believe it or not, able to support.

What he's complaining about, in case you guys didn't figure it out, is that last pick/second last pick (I'm assuming here, but it makes sense) didn't want to support, and since all the other roles were taken, they randomed a champion instead of going support. So he dodged.

But I guess logical reasoning and observing a player's badges are hard to do, too.
And how did the last pick get stuck with support? Could it be because the previous picks didn't want to support?

So the observation that the OP didn't want to support is the only logical conclusion?

Okay.

Thanks for playing.