The Memoirs of a LvL 25

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeShadow058

12-31-2012

what i hate about being close to lvl 30 is...... all the lvl 30 players. whenever i enter a normal 5v5 game i usually have to play against these lvl 30 players who r not good enough for ranked, but good enough to kill my team. lvl 30s should just stay away from us almost lvl 30s.

Insharai

12-31-2012

Lol i can understand your frustration, a few of the guys I play with are level 15 so when league accounts for that they throw a few 25's on the other team. XD Granted, when I was level 15 i played with level 30's too and faced off against quite a few 30's in mid. Just think of it as a challenge; the people you are facing will just make you stronger.

adc

12-31-2012

If you're being matched against 30s, one of two things is happening.

First, you won a large amount of games in the past and are being matched against better players as a result. This happens. I've played normal games where the enemy team has multiple 2k+ Elo players on it, and my team is a bunch of 1500s and one 2k+ player.

Or second, you're playing against a team that has a new player (or a smurf) playing with the level 30 on a lower level account. If you get fed off that lower level player, you're going to be significantly stronger than the level 30 unless he gets equally as fed.

Redshirt Tim

12-31-2012

My first 15 levels or so were all played with friends who were level 30.

Two things came about because of this:
1. I sucked, and we lost a lot.
2. When I started playing solo so I could get better and stop feeding, it turned out that I was pretty damned good compared to other players of my level.

Playing against better players, even losing to them, dramatically improved my game. I just passed my level 30 roommate in total wins. My friends still don't really want me playing with them, since they think I suck, but if I ever play with them again, they're going to be pleasantly surprised.

But damn, yes, that first transition to 30 is hard.