Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Invert screen

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bagnon

Junior Member

12-31-2012

Is there anyway to invert the screen so I dont have to lane coming down.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

12-31-2012

1. I'd wager you're playing with locked screen. Stop.

2. No. It would take a LOT of time to cater to a very small percentage of players.

3. I don't see why it matters, anyway. I've never heard anyone with any large amount of skill complain about it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Causing Panic

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
1. I'd wager you're playing with locked screen. Stop.

2. No. It would take a LOT of time to cater to a very small percentage of players.

3. I don't see why it matters, anyway. I've never heard anyone with any large amount of skill complain about it.


1. i actually agree with him on this one, its better to play with non-locked screen
2. do you design games? so how would you know it would take so much time to fix it?
3. imo your just a "wanna be pro" that trys to act like he actually knows what hes talking about yet isnt even ranked...

but yeahh it would be nice if they had that, honestly i like playing going up rather than down since my hand naturally wants to go up then down


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EternalLoL

Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Causing Panic:
1. i actually agree with him on this one, its better to play with non-locked screen
2. do you design games? so how would you know it would take so much time to fix it?
3. imo your just a "wanna be pro" that trys to act like he actually knows what hes talking about yet isnt even ranked...

but yeahh it would be nice if they had that, honestly i like playing going up rather than down since my hand naturally wants to go up then down


It doesn't matter if it takes a lot of time or almost no time, either way, only a VERY small percentage will use it.

He also never said anything about being a pro, he just noted the fact that no high elo players use it. So before you go all insecure and self-conscious, think about something for a damn time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Causing Panic

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
It doesn't matter if it takes a lot of time or almost no time, either way, only a VERY small percentage will use it.


yet they made color blind mode.... hmmm and how do you know a small percent will use it? i know alot of people that would use it tbh...

honestly if they increased the camera view so you could zoom out, id play in locked screen but its just the fact that lose vision when you use it at the moment... but i think this would be a better option


Quote:
He also never said anything about being a pro, he just noted the fact that no high elo players use it. So before you go all insecure and self-conscious, think about something for a damn time.


this was more towards his other posts on other threads where he tends to bash "lower elo" players while him himself isnt even ranked...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Causing Panic:
1. i actually agree with him on this one, its better to play with non-locked screen
2. do you design games? so how would you know it would take so much time to fix it?
3. imo your just a "wanna be pro" that trys to act like he actually knows what hes talking about yet isnt even ranked...

but yeahh it would be nice if they had that, honestly i like playing going up rather than down since my hand naturally wants to go up then down


No, I don't design games, but have you ever tried to remodel an entire map to be as detailed as summoner's rift is? They'd have to completely remodel the entire map to be seen from the exact opposite view - meaning they'd literally have to start from almost scratch.

On top of that, it would introduce confusion because top lane would be bottom and vice versa. It's not something that would be hard to get used to, but it's something that would be annoying the first few times after we've all gotten used to it being the other way.

I guarantee you that 99.99999% of players above 1500 Elo play with unlocked camera for the majority of the game. I've only ever heard one example (Doublelift, I believe?) of a pro player who uses it on a regular basis, and then he only uses it because he says it's easier to find your hero in a teamfight (which is a valid point).

Oh, by the way, I'm actually ranked at 1400 Elo right now, so I can see that you clearly didn't lolking me.

Edit: It's been stated by a Red that the amount of players who use locked camera is a fraction of the amount of players that are colorblind. Ie. a very, very small percentage of a small percentage. So there goes that theory.

And zooming out would give you an "unfair" advantage over players who don't zoom out, the same way locked camera gives you an "unfair" (read: totally fair) advantage over those who play with unlocked camera.

If they introduced the option to zoom out, the only players who wouldn't completely zoom out so they could absorb as much information as possible without having to move the screen would be players who are used to the current zoom level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ragnaraq

Senior Member

12-31-2012

I want it. Id use it every game Im purple team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mamie Jeadows

Senior Member

12-31-2012

just get use to it its not a big deal...


1