Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Critical] Stable FPS at 60, ping stable at 80(ish), horrible lag.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JGJ316

12-31-2012

As described in the title, I'm having major lag issues despite fine internet connection and computer performance, not just in the Beta, but in the Live version as well. While I have noticed this issue before (usually right after patches), it has gotten to the point where I cannot play the game at all without worrying about get banned for AFK because I can't connect (and if I can, for feeding because I walk around in a perpetual state of lag, watching things slide around like they're on ice).

In case one, the game crashes immediately after champion select and doesn't even bring up the loading screen. I close out, reconnect, load to 100%, then it crashes again. In a bot match I attempted to join just today, I had to do this 6 times before I actually was able to get in game.

And then, case two happened. Bought my items just fine, sent my character bot, then panned the map. Particles were flying all over from champions and minions that had no heath bars and were sliding all around the map. At this point, my champ was moving around like I told them to, no response lag, even though everything else was freaking out. (Still stable FPS and ping) After a few minutes, there was a massive burst of animations, minion and champion deaths, and movement, then the game ran smoothly for about 30 seconds.

At that point, it all began again. A Cass bot and a few others literally appeared out of nowhere, my health bar vanished, able to still move around. Few minutes later, BOOM all animations, screen went black and white, and then the game crashed.

And now here I am, writing this very long post. I have had similar issues in the Live version, though not the frequency of the Beta. It's a gamble in Live if you will have a lag free game or not. Riot, can we get a fix on this so I can get back to enjoying a game I love? I'm sure you guys have a lot on your plates, but this... just... no. Thank you, guys.

TL;DR:
Stable internet connection and good computer performance (stable ping and FPS), but heathless, ice skating champions and minions with bursts of random animations. Please fix, thank you.

Mr Strong Idiot

12-31-2012

Where do you live man? The Beta servers are located at NA, so that can explain the high ping/lag if you are not for North America. For the live servers, make sure you join the right region or low all the ingame textures. If that doesn't work, then try to repatch the launcher or reinstall the game.

JGJ316

12-31-2012

Quote:
Killer Payl:
Where do you live man? The Beta servers are located at NA, so that can explain the high ping/lag if you are not for North America. For the live servers, make sure you join the right region or low all the ingame textures. If that doesn't work, then try to repatch the launcher or reinstall the game.

I live in NA, play on the NA server for the Live game, and my ping is always stable at 80ish. Changing quality had no effect on my FPS or the lag. I'm running the Repair now to see if that helps, but looking at other posts in the Live forums, I rather doubt it.

Mr Strong Idiot

12-31-2012

I hope that repairing/reinstalling helps. Usually the PBE servers lags now and then, but if you have problems with live then that is a problem. My last advice is to send Riot a support ticket if you still need help or to clean your computer by deleting unneed files or registry defrag.
=)

JGJ316

12-31-2012

Brief Update:
Ran the repair on both versions, Live and Beta.

Live:
Tried to get in a bot match to test it out, gave me an error exactly like this guy's (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2454061
), with blue splash arts and summoner spells. However, I didn't stop in the middle, like the last poster suggested. I wasn't even able to get in game because it kept crashing and giving me a bug splat message, which I submitted.

Beta:
Made the lag even worse, (but no blue boxes) starting me off with a 500+ ping and an "Attempting to Reconnect" message immediately. I didn't get kicked out of the game, but for a good five minutes after the start (before I gave up) I was in a constant state of lag and "Attempting to Reconnect" messages every few seconds. Ice skating champions and minions everywhere.

Mr Strong Idiot

12-31-2012

Did you make sure all your drivers and things like that are updated? Is your computer clean? if it is then you need to ask Riot for support ASAP.

JGJ316

12-31-2012

Quote:
Killer Payl:
Did you make sure all your drivers and things like that are updated? Is your computer clean? if it is then you need to ask Riot for support ASAP.

I have and yes, it is clean. I uninstalled and am currently reinstalling the Live client. I will edit this post when it is done patching.

Afore Mentioned Update:

Live:
After uninstalling and reinstalling (and kicking every single person on my internet off), the blue boxes are gone and the lag is resolved for now. Fingers crossed. Like I mentioned before, the lag is kind of hit and miss on the Live client. After talking to some friends, they've experienced similar issues.

Beta:
With everyone off and the internet all to myself, it works fine now, same as the Live client as far as I can tell.

So, resolved I guess. However, I didn't need to have the internet all to myself before... So in a way, the problem remains, but it's not an odd bug.. Just Riot's servers being very, very demanding and inefficient, which has been known for a very long time. haha.

I hope this will be of help to anyone with similar problems... It's a very frustrating game to try and troubleshoot.

Shadelx

Recruiter

01-01-2013

I have been having periodic spikes of 700-4k ping since earlier last week. No game crashes or disconnects but massive lag

JGJ316

01-13-2013

Update for anyone who still is keeping up with this forum, we got a new internet router and it seemed to do the trick. However, a week later, the same thing happened again in both the Live and Beta clients. Stable fps ping that jumped from 80 to OVER 15,000 and DC's every five seconds. For most of the game, I was frozen at the base, unable to move. It showed I was lvl1 and none of my abilities were available, not even my summoner spells. Meanwhile, everyone was ice skating around the map with no health bars, occasionally with mana bars that stuck out beyond the little box over their head.

Rizor

01-13-2013

Same thing is going on with me. Just started about an hour ago. Don't understand it :/ none of my other games/programs are lagging