Captain position for ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShendoxJoey

12-30-2012

OK, idk about you guys but I think it would be cool to have the option of queuing up for ranked with your full five man team, and then having the option of having a pre-designated captain.

Like when you are getting your team together you can invite the four guys to play with you, and then invite a fifth person but that person becomes a captain and spectates the game in real time, but that captain's spectating can only be for his team. I think the problem with a lot of ranked matches are the leadership is missing, and I personally believe this would solve it.
This may not be a perfect solution but it would be cool if this could happen.

deathmetalfan

12-30-2012

I disagree with this idea. Having an external 'captain' direct gameplay for the team seems inherently un-fun to me. League of Legends is such a fast-paced game that wins/losses are determined by split second plays. It's not like basketball or football where there is an overarching strategy which can be changed from quarter to quarter.

In any case, good ranked teams always have a defacto captain who basically calls the shots for the team. If you find a ranked team that is missing leadership, the solution is to work out the team's hierarchy internally and delegate one player to lead.

Mageinta Warrior

12-30-2012

I actually like this idea. It'll let captains help our their teams over skype.

Corrupt Angel

12-31-2012

Your captain should be in-game with the team. They should have the best map awareness, game knowledge, etc. Not the most skill.

TeknoWizard

Recruiter

12-31-2012

Generally, you should have a psuedo-captain already for a good ranked team. You need that final call on When you initiate, what lane you push, who you pick, etc. Probably your mid laner or jungler.