Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If I KS you as jungle...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoisonedPeace

12-31-2012

Why does everybody freak about kills? The point of killing isnt even for the gold. When your team gets a kill, you have control over one or more pretty important things, such as:
Opponent Jungle - since their jungler will likely be headed to the lane that got killed
Control Over that Lane - Until jungler gets there it is 2v1 or 1v0

And on top of those, you are denying the player who died a lot of CS. So hooray for whoever gets the kill. I don't care if the support is getting the kills. Most of gold should be coming from farming anyway. Unless you are at a low elo, most of your kills come in teamfights anyway, with the exception of a few.

tl;dr
Doesnt matter who gets kill as long as the kill is made. It gives you control until the player is back

ChiSqrd

12-31-2012

Well if the jungler gets the kill, your only advantage is the assist gold and maybe some extra cs. Not nearly as much as a kill.

deirin

12-31-2012

Quote:
Shadogi:
It's because I think you're terrible and the gold would be wasted on you.

till ur lane buddy get even on gold, he'll most likelly keep feeding...so maybe ur thinking is horrible...

Mitobrut

01-01-2013

I so agree with poison.

If they dead surely better to say for example, gj...well done, or thank you? (though these types never would say this)

However if it is a deliberate action because there is some jerk who says something like

Quote:
If I KS you as jungle...It's because I think you're terrible and the gold would be wasted on you.

then that is different. This is just a selfish jerk who I don't want to play any online game with.

OP I'll be sure to add you to my ignore list, thank you for posting.

PS. A suggestion would be help them improve with some guidance, you may even get honors instead of reports, and who knows, they may become less terrible because you bothered to help them instead of just being a selfish insulting jerk.

Snipawolfe

01-01-2013

I agree so much with PoisonedPeace. When I jungle, I'll often come into the lane not even intent on killing the enemy. I'll just come in, chunk their HP, and go. Why? Well, they have to blow a pot or two now (or better yet, go b) and this is at no cost to my laner. My laner gets to free farm (or go b himself). It's awesome.

This can go terribly wrong when people get greedy though. I hate when people dive and go 1 for 1 (or, worse, don't even get the kill) when honestly, them just staying in lane and letting the enemy go back would be better. CS > kills. CS >>>> trading kills. You get at least two free waves of farm when someone dies. That's 12 minions. 12 * 20 is 240 gold. That's almost a kill and it's all of that experience too. Levels and CS snowball a lane as much or more than kills do.

Vorpy

Recruiter

01-01-2013

Snipa Finally someone that posts and understands that te CS wave > if a jungle gets a kill in your lane. Wow ok you're mad I as jungle got a kill in your lane which allowed you to get 2 free waves a free recall and an opponent that's 30cs behind and playing more passively. Lol take your pride of kills else where you'll get them later after the laning phase anyways.

PwningPoro

01-01-2013

Quote:
Drakojan:
I will generally give them the second blue, but if they lose it straight away, the next one/two is mine. I might as well just call the enemy mid over to get blue. It's not being selfish, its trying to win. I'll give them a chance, but if they so bad and feed (even unintentionally), I'm taking it. I play AP mid a lot, its my favorite role, so if I'm feeding the enemy team, and I'm called for blue, I'll say no. It just makes sense.

as the jungler i tend to give blue to top/bot lane if this is the case

futuresight23

01-01-2013

1st priority is to make sure the guy dies with no casualties. 2nd priority is to make sure that the right guy gets the kill. I would prefer that anyone kills the guy than someone holds back hoping the right guy gets the kill but is unable to convert. Having the guy die by itself gives a lane advantage to the survivor as he is collecting CS and experience while his lane opponent is not.

Not to mention the jungler does put gold to good use either by getting an improvement to his machete which means he can clear the jungle faster and therefore spend more time ganking or better movement speed which means he'll have more map presence and be able to gank more often.

Rageinald

01-01-2013

Well it depends, if the lane is fed enough it won't hurt to get the kill as a jungler and most of the times if it wasn't for the jungler then their would be no kills or assist or gold. Its just the advantages u get from killing them

Nearly

01-01-2013

A jungler's job is too support the lane & get them kills, but I agree, if the laner sucks I will take the kill because I can use that kill to support all the other lanes who will actually do something with that gold.