Any way to counter draven???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptCheesyOnDuty

12-31-2012

Yeah i always go against a draven and he always seems to be very OP no matter what I do.
can someone help?

LoudFootSteps

12-31-2012

Draven usually gets countered by a lot of CC. Also, the only ADC I know that counters Draven is Caitlin, because she can safely attack Draven out of his range. Otherwise, Draven usually gets countered by the support.

TeknoWizard

12-31-2012

Put pressure on him after he drops an axe cuz his DPS is going to plummet without it. If you have skillshots, throw them at where his axe will land. This is going to force him to either drop it or eat free harass.

adc

12-31-2012

As Tekno said, Draven is really easy to hit with skillshots. He has to run towards where his axe was, or lose a lot of his damage output.

Also, Draven is really only a monster early game, with his Q. He's not bad (not by any means) in the rest of the game, but he's best right at the start when he's doing twice the damage any other ADC is doing. That said, put pressure on him with your jungler and get to the point where you can trade with him, or pick a tanky ADC/support. Don't run Sona/Kog'maw against a draven lane - that's asking to be ****ed harder than anything ever. Run a lane like Graves/Taric. They're both quite tanky and can take some harassment.

LethalxInjector

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Blitzcrank can almost hard-counter Draven. It makes it so easy to land that grab since you know exactly where he will be. Grab-Knockup with ADC unloading skills usually means death for Draven.

Zealic Demory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

My main adc is Draven. and the only real counter i find (in bot lane, not jung,mid,top) is taric. And thats because he gives bonus armor so even his bleeds to less. about cait as a counter? not really. she dmg output is laughable. sure she can hit draven first. but all you have to do is press w, run at her and throw them axes. Skill shots? yeah. that could work. but a good draven not only controls where his axe will go. but will not grab it if it will get him killed.
an easy way of making sure you will catch your axe every time:
W, throw axe, while it is in mid air. you run backwards. and tada!

and blitzcrank? sure, but who doesnt ban him in draft or ranked and isnt first pick without a firm way to counter him is bad on their part. just sayin

ROKAF JE

02-07-2013

Varus, Caitlin, Kog'maw. They can all eat him

adc

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of a Madman View Post
My main adc is Draven. and the only real counter i find (in bot lane, not jung,mid,top) is taric. And thats because he gives bonus armor so even his bleeds to less. about cait as a counter? not really. she dmg output is laughable. sure she can hit draven first. but all you have to do is press w, run at her and throw them axes. Skill shots? yeah. that could work. but a good draven not only controls where his axe will go. but will not grab it if it will get him killed.

and blitzcrank? sure, but who doesnt ban him in draft or ranked and isnt first pick without a firm way to counter him is bad on their part. just sayin
Except once you drop your axe, the enemy hard engages you because there goes your DPS.

Also, saying somebody is bad for not banning Blitzcrank. Lol.

torrrance

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalxInjector View Post
Blitzcrank can almost hard-counter Draven. It makes it so easy to land that grab since you know exactly where he will be. Grab-Knockup with ADC unloading skills usually means death for Draven.
I play Draven and the time it takes to punch im up after the pull is enough time for him to knock you away with his E, blitz can counter him but cc is his true counter, Sona and Cait bot would be my choice

Kawaii Katarina

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of a Madman View Post

Draven is pretty much designed to counter most of the ADCs in the bottom lane. I'd recommend Taric as a great counter to the damage Draven dishes out. Draven is going to want to force trades because his damage is so high and Taric provides armor and minimal heal. You never want to trade with a competent Draven either, otherwise he will win the trade. If you're against Draven all you have to do is survive and keep your CS up. You do not have to win your lane par say. Most ADCs outscale Draven because of his play style. If Draven does not pretty much dominate his lane--he lost. So if you get ahead, keep that lead the best you can. Yes, Caitlyn can do pretty well against Draven but Caitlyn is not that good outside of laning phase and Draven will outscale her even. So, there is that to consider. So, if you are not beating Draven when you are playing Caitlyn--you are the one losing now. As for Blitzcrank, he just got hit with some major nerfs and I don't even see it fit to ban him. He was never particularly good as far as supports go, honestly. He works similarly to Leona. If you has a Leona in your lane and you're not getting kills with her, you're pretty much boned. Blitzcrank is similar, except Blitzcrank can peel better than Leona, while Leona can do a lot more for the team. When I am in a normals match against a blitz, his mana pool at level 1 is so low. 240 mana and his Q costs 120, albeit, you do get regen between hooks from CD, obviously. The problem with Draven is his lackluster escape. You either need a team built around keeping Draven from being dove or you need multiple high damage targets to take the heat off of him.