The Room of The Eternal Nightmare (Ask Nocturne)

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearTheNoct

03-23-2013

Within the Institute of War, there is a long and desolate corridor, the doors leading to the room open wide only to show the emptiness within. There was a single chamber, its tall, stone doors shut together, keeping anyone foolish enough out … and keeping The Eternal Nightmare within.

The shade’s dark essence lazily floated within the Nexus Shard it was contained, the mercurial vacuums, that served as the Shadow's eyes, closed shut. The only light source within the chamber was softly emanated by the shard, though everything else was covered in darkness.

Tap tap tap …

Nocturne stirred – something was coming its way. The sound was growing louder and louder, something it found quite familiar … and amusing.

Tap tap tap …

Tap tap tap.

It grinned.

Tap, tap go the heels on the floor … drip drop, the sound of blood.

The doors burst open, the light from the hallway briefly illuminating the room before the shadows pushed it back. In the door frame stood a fair-haired summoner - she spoke out in a disdainful tone.

"Wake, up, Nocturne."

The shade’s eyes drifted through the dark essence, widening open as it took in the image of the summoner. It spoke out ominously as she slowly stepped towards the Nexus shard, where it was contained.

I am always awake – But are you?

The shadows began to gather around the woman’s body, slowly climbing up the folds of her robe …

Are you afra-…

Tap tap tap.

Nocturne let out a violent hiss, its face materializing and twisting out in rage. The woman tapped the surface of the shard with her finger.

Tap tap tap.

"I am wide awake and aware, thank you. And I’d know better than to be afraid of you - champion."

With a flick of her finger, the shadows scattered away from her and back to the darkest corners of the room. She looked straight into its face, speaking in a sharp and defiant tone.

"You are growing complacent, shade. The Council of Equity has deemed to open you to public – to stimulate you." She grinned wickedly.

"Expect people to come by and badger you with questions which you /will/ be forced to answer. I don’t think I have to mention that you are not allowed to kill them – not like you are capable of, anyway." She tapped the shard’s surface again, to its growing anger. "I don’t want to hear any complaints from your part, are we clear? “

Nocturne hissed.

As clear as your screams will echo through this place when I come for you, summoner.

The woman turned away from it, looking around the room. She doesn’t seem to be affected by its threat – instead, she seems to inspect the design of the room.

“I ought to bring in some chairs for your visitors to make themselves comfortable during their stay. Perhaps some furniture, to make it more … welcoming. If that’s even possible.” She raised her eyebrow.

This place disgusts me as it is. Must you add more kindle to my hatred?

She nodded. “I must, and I will. Expect me to come by soon enough – don’t worry. I’ll /try/ to find something for your taste.”

… How about some flesh bags? Perhaps a bone table in the corner of that room …

“I’m sorry, but I doubt there are any shops selling that kind of furniture. Not that high demand on those, you see?” She said in a mocking tone before she turned around and left the chamber, not closing the doors behind her.

Nocturne stirred within his shard, hissing in displeasure. It spoke out to no one in particular

Ffffine … pose your questions, if you dare. But you will have to answer mine first …

Are you afraid of the dark?

Àsk Lee sin

03-23-2013

Lee Sin walked calmly toward the room in which Nocturne had been restrained, a calm look on his face.

"Tell me Eternal Nightmare, what is it that you fear the most?"

Almogs

03-23-2013

The Shadowmancer walks into the shadowy room. A hateful look on his face. He holds in his hand a bonquet of Ionian Lilies.

"Hello fiend." The word 'fiend' is spat out of his mouth "Do you remember me? Because I remember you."

Dear Urgot

03-23-2013

((I believe I know who you are..welcome to champion RP'ing.))

*The steel claws of the Headsman's Pride can be heard scuttling across the floor until he is driectly in front of the Eternal Nightmare.*
I've seen things in fairy tales *wheeeeze* more frightening than you, spectre. What makes you so terrifying to others? I for one do not fear men, let alone spirits.

FearTheNoct

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Àsk Lee sin View Post
Lee Sin walked calmly toward the room in which Nocturne had been restrained, a calm look on his face.

"Tell me Eternal Nightmare, what is it that you fear the most?"

Nocturne shifted in his shard as the Blind Monk entered his domain. Shadows danced around his each step as he drew closer to where it was imprisoned. Even though Lee Sin wouldn't be able to see them, he would be able to feel the numbness as tendrils of shadows creep up his feet, to his legs and spreading over his chest.

The shade's mercurial eyes simply drifted in the mass of shadows that was contained in the Nexus Crystal, seeming quite amused at the question.

What I fear the mossssst, hmmm? How ... irrrronic. I wouldn't know what to answer to that ....

Perhapsssss ....

The tendrils began to spread further up the champion's body, covering over his face, entering his mouth, his ears, his nose. The shade's hollow voice can now be heard within Lee Sin's mind.

You ... could ... tell ... meeeee?

Àsk Lee sin

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheNoct View Post
Nocturne shifted in his shard as the Blind Monk entered his domain. Shadows danced around his each step as he drew closer to where it was imprisoned. Even though Lee Sin wouldn't be able to see them, he would be able to feel the numbness as tendrils of shadows creep up his feet, to his legs and spreading over his chest.

The shade's mercurial eyes simply drifted in the mass of shadows that was contained in the Nexus Crystal, seeming quite amused at the question.

What I fear the mossssst, hmmm? How ... irrrronic. I wouldn't know what to answer to that ....

Perhapsssss ....

The tendrils began to spread further up the champion's body, covering over his face, entering his mouth, his ears, his nose. The shade's hollow voice can now be heard within Lee Sin's mind.

You ... could ... tell ... meeeee?

Lee's face remained calm as the shadows covered him, his arms crossed, not showing any signs of fear nor worry.

"It is not you, Nocturne, that is for sure. I do not fear the darkness, nor my senses dulling."

He smirks slightly. "As it stands, you have not answered my question, so I shall not answer yours."

Kameil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

((Indeed do I know who you are. I'll be updating the compendium now.))

FearTheNoct

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almogs View Post
The Shadowmancer walks into the shadowy room. A hateful look on his face. He holds in his hand a bonquet of Ionian Lilies.

"Hello fiend." The word 'fiend' is spat out of his mouth "Do you remember me? Because I remember you."

The shade's essence was drifting undisturbed in its containment shard, its mercurial eyes drowned by the dark mass of shadows. It doesn't show as much interest in his visitor as it should, but its voice can be faintly heard around the room, a hissing and despicable sound.

Hrrrrrmmmm .... quite ... hossstile, aren't you?

Ssshould I .... rrrremember you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Urgot View Post
((I believe I know who you are..welcome to champion RP'ing.))

*The steel claws of the Headsman's Pride can be heard scuttling across the floor until he is driectly in front of the Eternal Nightmare.*
I've seen things in fairy tales *wheeeeze* more frightening than you, spectre. What makes you so terrifying to others? I for one do not fear men, let alone spirits.
(( Thank you - although I'm curious to hear whom you have in mind. It might be, it might be not. ))

Nocturne's mercurial pools widen in the middle of the dark essence contained in the shard, seeming to take in the champion's image. Small tendrils of shadows tentatively prod around Urgot's steel claws, but otherwise remain quite dormant.

Hrrrmmphhh .... why ssshould I anssswer that - to you?

Alllll you everrr do is to inspire dissssgust and repulsssion among those you live with...

Ansssseer me thisss, Urrrrgot - are you not one of the very fairrrry tale monssssters women telllll their pathetic children? Twwwisted, desssspicable ... pitifulll.

Atleasssst, I - I am able to be molded, to be shaped by the darknesssss I give myself into. What .... about .... you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Àsk Lee sin View Post
Lee's face remained calm as the shadows covered him, his arms crossed, not showing any signs of fear nor worry.

"It is not you, Nocturne, that is for sure. I do not fear the darkness, nor my senses dulling."

He smirks slightly. "As it stands, you have not answered my question, so I shall not answer yours."
Nocturne lets out a low, hollow sound echo through the chamber - it sounds like it is laughing.

Makes ssenssse ... why would a blind man ffffear the darknesss, hmmmm? You and I should ... be ... frrrrriendddsss, conssssidering it is alll you ssssee.

The shade's eyes narrow slightly, seeming to mirror his amusement. The shadows retract from Lee Sin's body, simply drifting back to the floor whence they came from.

Instead, a broken chord can be heard from around the room ... and another. And another. Someone is plucking at the chords of an instrument in a crude fashion, but the melody sounds quite familiar ... it would be a melody that would revitalize the soul and heal the body. A melody that would make a person persevere, no matter the odds - but the song seems twisted and unholy now, most likely to drain rather than heal.

Hmmmppfff .... and just howwww would you expect me to ansssswerr that question? This worrrld, you live in .... I only had a tasste of it ... just a small taasssste ... and that was what made me who I am nowww .... and what damned me in thisss imprisonment.

Nocturne's essence shifted in his Nexus crystal.

Iff anything, I also ssseeeeek an anssssswer to your quesssstion ... releassseee me out of thissss. Let me seeee ... what this world has to offfeeeerrrr ... and perhapss ... perrrrhaapssss .... I willl ffffind something that would make /me/ ...

SCCCREEEEAAAMMMMMM.

The orchestra of broken chords was now replaced with a single, loud and deafening tone, seeming to rise in intensity, like a crescendo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameil View Post
((Indeed do I know who you are. I'll be updating the compendium now.))
(( Ssshhhhh. I'm one with the shadows now. ))

Almogs

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheNoct View Post
The shade's essence was drifting undisturbed in its containment shard, its mercurial eyes drowned by the dark mass of shadows. It doesn't show as much interest in his visitor as it should, but its voice can be faintly heard around the room, a hissing and despicable sound.

Hrrrrrmmmm .... quite ... hossstile, aren't you?

Ssshould I .... rrrremember you?

((I can guess who you are))

"First, I'd like to give you this present. A bonquet of Ionian Lilies. This should lighten the room a bit."

Zelas closes his eyes then opens them, revealing pitch black darkness inside his sockets. He talks in a double-like-tormented-soul-like-voice ((Think WoW Deathknight))

"I think you know me already, fiend. You did this to me, you killed my parents. You will be the one to suffer eternally Nocturne. I am not afraid of you, nothing you can do scares me. I will be the one to kill you some day, I will relish about your screams of agony and pain."

Zelas closes his eyes, takes a step back and holds his chest, he opens them to reveal his normal greenish-blue eyes.

FearTheNoct

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almogs View Post
((I can guess who you are))

"First, I'd like to give you this present. A bonquet of Ionian Lilies. This should lighten the room a bit."

Zelas closes his eyes then opens them, revealing pitch black darkness inside his sockets. He talks in a double-like-tormented-soul-like-voice ((Think WoW Deathknight))

"I think you know me already, fiend. You did this to me, you killed my parents. You will be the one to suffer eternally Nocturne. I am not afraid of you, nothing you can do scares me. I will be the one to kill you some day, I will relish about your screams of agony and pain."

Zelas closes his eyes, takes a step back and holds his chest, he opens them to reveal his normal greenish-blue eyes.
Nocturne still doesn't stir in its shard, instead hushing out its answer to the man's remark.

How ... lovely ... flowerrrsss ... fffor me? Isssn't that something ...yourrr kind does to ssshow ... affffection?

The shadows in the room echo hollowly, which can only be interpreted as the champion's mocking laughter.

Suddenly, its eyes shift from the darkness of the shard, emerging to the surface and staring at the man wide open as he speaks in his stance. As soon as he is done, its eyes become large, large enough to cover the entire shadow essence contained in the shard, showing only the bright, silvery light of its eyes. Then, they begin to shrink again to their usual size. While not visible, you cannot help but feel that the shade is grinning impishly.

Aaaaaahhhh .... I rrremember you, now. My ... captor....

On cue, the shadows suddenly gather around the man's feet, but rather attach themselves to his person, they simply circle around him ominously.

So ... you arrre the one who bound me herre, are you not? How ... forrrtunate enough that I killed your parrrents before you did. I had taken my rrrevenge on you long before my punishment was given.

The shade's essence seem to pulse against the nexus shard, bumping against the surface. A soft tapping sound can be heard with each attempt before it gives up.

Sssssooooo .... you wish to serve onto me the sssaaame treatment I gave your parrrrents, hmm? How ....

DELIGHTFUL.

Nocturne's laughter is echoed through the room, the shadows seeming to mock him.

You wisssh to kill me? ... do it, then. Frrrreeeee meeee from this prison! Make me scrrrreaaam, if you can! Make ... me ... feeeeeeeeeeeel!

1234511 ... 15