When the hell did Master Yi become OP????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bierfaust

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
I always welcomed seeing Yi in enemy team because he was food of the champions. But lately his Meditation has become really ridiculous.
I'm playing Kayle in Dominion with great success, almost always carry the team, but today I was fighting with Yi for Windmill (that at the moment belongs to us). We have same amount of hp, about half, and I'm hitting him with all I have, including shielding myself with Intervention. I think (not 100% sure) I even used Garrison. Point is firing at him too, mind you. but the **** activates his meditation, suffers no damage at all from my Kayle with good runes and masteries that melts almost everybody and capture point hitting him at the same time (!!!!), and survives, kills me and takes over the Windmill.
I know Ignite would probably do the trick, but I run Garrison and Revive. But that he can suffer absolutely no damage from me and turret thanks to his Meditation... this is ridiculously op.

1. Pick Fizz
2. Kill Yi while he meditates
3.???
4. Win game?

Seriously though, he's not op, he is one of those niche gimmicky builds. He can **** on anyone that can't stun him and blow him up in 2 secs, and conversely, he can't do **** if there is 1 person even remotely smart enough to interrupt his meditate or stun him the second he comes out of Alpha Strike.

He's 1 of those hit or miss champion builds. More effective in blind pick because obviously the other team has already chosen their champions before they see he is on the other team.

He gets hard countered just as easily as he can 3 shot people, just proof of how out dated some champions are and how much of a rework they really need given how the game has changed since their release. Also as I said, blind pick is the only reason he even has a chance to do anything, take that away and he becomes another champion on the list of completely unusable champions.

V y

12-31-2012

He's one of the higher tier champions in dominion. You should use him as a capturer.

Pyroxite

12-31-2012

I find that building magic resist takes the wind right out of Yi, even if you happen to be running a champ without a stun.

naotasan

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikepotatoes454 View Post
He's one of the higher tier champions in dominion. You should use him as a capturer.
Maybe if you have no idea how to play the game, yeah. I can see that. But he's easy to kill in upper elo's

blackDAILO

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
Don't talk about counterpicks man, it's Dominion
Then counterplay?

Das Strychnine

01-01-2013

You should see AP Yi bot vs AD Malzh or even AP Malz.

LOL UWANT TO MEDIDATE YI? STAHP

Eloquid

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackDAILO View Post
Then counterplay?
Smartpants. What would you do in my place when garrisoned turret and me firing at him at the same time doesn't reduce his hp at all nor stops him from killing me and capturing the point? Yeah I could have just walked away and let him have the point and that's obviously what I'll have to do in future, but the fact that he can do that is stupid.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

you simply run away from him when he meditates and interrupt his capture using Q or E auto afterwards
defending a point doesn't always require you to kill someone

Volandum

01-01-2013

While he's healing with meditate you heal off creeps.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

I honestly have never played a dominion game where at least one person on my team did not have some form of CC that could stop a Yi healing.