Should Leona be able to proc her own passive?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJockey View Post
@ CerealBox

A Twitch Leona lane is optimal for Leona. I cant think of any other ADCs that are good with Leona simply because of her passive. Maybe and Ez or a graves, double burst.

However, I think the complaint made by the OP is valid. Leona is pigeon-holed as a support tank. Her early game damage is great as long as she is aggressive. Her mid-late and late game are terrible, she has no damage. There are no optimized builds for her besides building health and being a brickwall. And Riot has nerfed health and resistances, making being a brickwall harder.

As a Leona player, I think Leona needs a slight rework or buff or stat changes to open up her playstyle.
Leona actually has good early game stats. If you build her AD I predict she would eventually fall off but she would still be able to function very well as a bruiser. Her passive would be read as, "in teamfights leona makes everything better"

Edit: Forgot to mention that I would like if leona got something for putting sunlight on things


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Kuno

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Leona actually has good early game stats. If you build her AD I predict she would eventually fall off but she would still be able to function very well as a bruiser. Her passive would be read as, "in teamfights leona makes everything better"
She falls off regardless of build outside of pure tank. And she only performs in a mediocre capacity in that role compared to "real" tanks like Amumu, cho, Naut, Sej, etc because those champs will have been either in a solo lane or jungling and have income to support a tank build. Leona can only support. And being forced to go sightstone and leave an inventory slot open for pink wards means that she is gimped versus an opposing solo top or jungle tank.


Quote:
Edit: Forgot to mention that I would like if leona got something for putting sunlight on things
That is really the crux of the "Leona Problem" right there. If all of her damage potential and kit is going to have the damage from her passive used as a balancing factor, then she needs to be able to access this damage herself in some way shape or form.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Kuno View Post
That is really the crux of the "Leona Problem" right there. If all of her damage potential and kit is going to have the damage from her passive used as a balancing factor, then she needs to be able to access this damage herself in some way shape or form.
She doesnt have to, getting hp from sunlit things that die would make toplane or jungle easier


12