Should Leona be able to proc her own passive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LSA

12-31-2012

Leona's pretty cool, I like her design and her kit is really fun, but what I don't like is that she's only truly viable as support, and really the only support champion who can't go anywhere but bot lane. She's the only one who can't have much diversity in her build due to only being able to fulfill one role, which is support.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing support (Nunu and Lulu are my favorites), but sometimes I like to take support champions to other lanes where they're still actually viable. Lulu mid/top and Nunu jungle/top/mid are fun, and the reason I like those champs is because they can actually do other roles. Why can't Leona do the same? Is Riot scared that she might be overpowered?

Keitterman

12-31-2012

A search of "leona" on this forum would have given you plenty of threads about this to read and then decide to comment on if you still feel you had something unique to add.

LSA

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
A search of "leona" on this forum would have given you plenty of threads about this to read and then decide to comment on if you still feel you had something unique to add.
Or you could have just ignored this thread if you felt it was pointless and let it die out instead of replying like a dick as if you had something to prove.

Keitterman

12-31-2012

First what i said was not being a dick, you're clearly very emotional, calm down. Second, the advice I gave pointed you to a community of Leona enthusists that think the same way you (and actually myself) about her kit.

Anyway... Calm down, re-read my post, and consider checking out the other threads on Leona.

Vuther

12-31-2012

We don't want to make Lux sad.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-31-2012

Absolutely not.

Dark Kuno

12-31-2012

I don't think she should be able to trigger her own passive but it needs to be reworked to actually provide a personal benefit.

She is the ONLY champ in the game who gets no actual benefit from her own passive. And the fact that a large percentage of her damage output (which is what is used to balance her whole kit) is tied up in a passive she can't actually use alone, is the only thing preventing her from being a viable solo.

my suggestion would be something along the following

Quote:
Sunlight (Passive)
Current
Leona's damaging spells affect the target with Sunlight for 3.5 seconds. When allied champions deal damage to those targets, they consume the Sunlight debuff to deal 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 / 125 / 140 (increasing every 2 levels) additional magic damage.

Suggested
Leona's damaging spells affect the target with Sunlight, dealing 15 / 21 / 28 / 34 / 41 / 48 / 54 / 61 / 68 (increasing every 2 levels) over 3 seconds. This affect can stack up to 2 times. When allied champions deal damage to those targets, they consume the Sunlight debuff to deal additional magic damage equal to the remaining affect.
If you really want to discuss all the ins and outs of Leona (including her passive)

This is the thread you're looking for
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2261535

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-31-2012

this is something like what it would look like if leona could proc her own passive.

That's not twitch doing all that burst, its leona's passive being proc'd with twitch's poison which does like 4 true damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bl-7LuZnx4

RockJockey

12-31-2012

@ CerealBox

A Twitch Leona lane is optimal for Leona. I cant think of any other ADCs that are good with Leona simply because of her passive. Maybe and Ez or a graves, double burst.

However, I think the complaint made by the OP is valid. Leona is pigeon-holed as a support tank. Her early game damage is great as long as she is aggressive. Her mid-late and late game are terrible, she has no damage. There are no optimized builds for her besides building health and being a brickwall. And Riot has nerfed health and resistances, making being a brickwall harder.

As a Leona player, I think Leona needs a slight rework or buff or stat changes to open up her playstyle.

XCodes

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJockey View Post
@ CerealBox

A Twitch Leona lane is optimal for Leona. I cant think of any other ADCs that are good with Leona simply because of her passive. Maybe and Ez or a graves, double burst.

However, I think the complaint made by the OP is valid. Leona is pigeon-holed as a support tank. Her early game damage is great as long as she is aggressive. Her mid-late and late game are terrible, she has no damage. There are no optimized builds for her besides building health and being a brickwall. And Riot has nerfed health and resistances, making being a brickwall harder.

As a Leona player, I think Leona needs a slight rework or buff or stat changes to open up her playstyle.
Leona's mid-game and late-game are not particularly bad for a support champ. The problem is that Riot still hates Support.