taking tower at 4 minutes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

buneter

12-31-2012

As a top laner main I've gotten pretty good at taking a tower at 4 by killing the guy under his turret and take it
now usually it is followed by good things but a couple of times I get yelled at for taking a tower to early
sure I can get ganked when I go to their tower but who I main top is either tryn, shyv, and Riven so I have enough escapes to get away unless I ult early as shyv but usually I can get away.
the reason behind doing it so early for me is because I can push to their tower, recall and go help bot or mid or get dragon while the enemy is pushing top
It even opens up the opportunity for an early backdoor because their inner tower is usually low or gone by the time team fights start up
I just read something about bot and that it screws over you adc but it's my prefrence to take the tower early and farm at their inner turret
am I missing out on something with the problem of taking a tower at 4

playerwinner

12-31-2012

I am calling BS on you killing your opposing top laner under his own turret, then killing the turret in 4 creep waves. Lane swaps with adc+ nunu (bloodboil) vs a top that cant harass still only get the turret down by 6+ minutes in.

SageRhapsody

12-31-2012

Because then you get absolutely no farm by four minutes, and the other guy can just stand around in lane farming because you left. Also your team can't farm as much because you're running around 4 minutes in trying to kill people. By 4 minutes you'll have very very little farm and ditching your lane that early is just not smart. There's a reason why mid game is considered 15 minutes in.