Why is Elise so good on this map?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SKT1 Seto Kaiba

12-15-2012

I'm liking Elise at top omg she cleans up so hard and does a lot of damage with minimal items dem base damages she can kill squishes and her Q in human form on tanks is amazing.

What else everyone thinks about Elise?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

she's amazing, haven't used her on Dominion but like runnng her as an anti-bruiser on summonner's rift and man, not even getting ap and dealing buttload of magic damage surely feels rewarding.
Been working on a Dominon botlane build for her though to counter bot lane bruisers that are so common currently
(yeah i hate bruisers that much xD)
ps. i hate when they send me mid just because i have "ap ratios"

CaptainJimsDad

12-15-2012

I've been using Elise quite a lot in Dominion recently. She's incredibly good at bursting (AP) and makes a fine bruiser aswell.

I used AD bruiser when she first came out but since then switched to AP and was surprised at just how much damage you can get when you stack plenty of AP with magic pen. The main key to playing her is combo speed. If you can pull off what combo's/tactics you need to quickly enough then you can pretty much win any fight.

I tend to build mpen boots, blackfire torch, wooglet's, abyssal, rylai's and whichever item you want (game's normally over halfway through rylai's). You end up with about 20% damage on your Q.

Elise doesn't really struggle against anyone as long as she gets enough poke in. Champions that really give her trouble (in my experience) are singed ("let's not die to anything!" - constantly poke with Q, level W if bot to wipe out creeps in one blast to stop him pushing), Kassadin (trollteleport - basically use other champions to pile him or make him blow his first teleport then burst), Garen (tanky, but this is really that I struggle against him personally). Her worst nightmares are silences.

She absolutely demolishes squishies, can take bruisers head-to-head, and provides solid damage against tanks.

AP burst combo - E-Q-W-R-W (auto-attack)-Q

R then Q can finish off the enemy if they have around 200-300hp left (you should combo and have around half a second left on your human Q by the time you can shift back).

Final note - plenty of people have the "KILL IT" mindset when they see a champion with low hp. If you're low and sacrifice yourself to allow a team mate to recapture a point then you can Rappel then go straight into stasis to waste an extra 4 seconds (5 if you stunned the enemy aswell!)

Just my $0.02

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

actually Singed gives her problems wether allied or enemy

*Elise will land her perfectly placed snare*
*allied singed uses fling*
*Snare missed*
*it's super effective*

Redeemed In Fire

12-16-2012

Garen is really easy to deal with IMO. He's always super obvious when using his charge, so just stun combo him there (the later the better, so he doesn't have time to use it after). The Garens i met were also out-DPSable with W in spider form, so I was able to win fights after he did close.

Catnium

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiepirate View Post
I'm liking Elise at top omg she cleans up so hard and does a lot of damage with minimal items dem base damages she can kill squishes and her Q in human form on tanks is amazing.

no one plays squishy in dom

SKT1 Seto Kaiba

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
no one plays squishy in dom
Elise isnt squish her base damages are enough so you can tanky.

Catnium

12-17-2012

no thats not exactly what i mean mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiepirate View Post

Blazingtotems

Recruiter

12-30-2012

Elise is first off not squishy, she has no escapes, yes, but to say she is squishy is just ignorant. You obviously aren't playing her right. Build magic pen marks and quints, with a 9/21/0 mastery page. Since her ratios on her Q aren't that good with AP you don't have to worry about building heavy AP. Hunters guise, sorc boots, and abyssal scepter, and you mop up. Build into the torch and you rock, top or bot. I prefer bot, she will almost dominate anyone one on one.

Das Strychnine

12-31-2012

Reading comprehension is strong here.