A simple solution to the kassadin situation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
You really should learn to read. You can start by learning to read the title of this topic, then maybe you'll learn what this topic is about. There is no need for you to tell people what you think the topic should be about (especially when its exactly what I have already said), unlike you they already know. They read the title.
I don't even... how did you... what

You're talking about blocking walls from anyone being able to go over them at all. This would significantly reduce the resourcefulness that champions with blink and jump abilities have.

From what I can see, your solution hurts way more champions than just Kassadin. It has a lot of collateral damage.

Tristana, Fiddlesticks, Corki, Leblanc, Kassadin, Ezreal, Sejuani, Shen, Vi, Shaco, Katarina, Leona, Lee Sin, Jarvin, Diana, and Amumu would be significantly effected with your idea. And that's just off the top of my head. Yes, it gets Kassadin, but also hurts champions that are already in need of help.

This is what I see from the original post. That's how I took it.

So, to make it simple and to only effect Kassadin, I suggested we nerf his jump range. The only champion effected would be Kassadin. It's not that hard to understand.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
You really should learn to read. You can start by learning to read the title of this topic, then maybe you'll learn what this topic is about. There is no need for you to tell people what you think the topic should be about (especially when its exactly what I have already said), unlike you they already know. They read the title.
What exactly are you spewing. Noata made a pretty decent point to nerfing the jumps to the champion in question, where your "fix" affects every champ with jumps. I'm not exactly sure what you're getting huffy about. Are downvotes that hurtful to your ego?

ricedream5

01-01-2013

Better solution:

Hextech Sweeper new active:
Reveals targetted area, units hit cannot use blinks of 700 range for 10 seconds.

Orphane

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricedream5 View Post
Better solution:

Hextech Sweeper new active:
Reveals targetted area, units hit cannot use blinks of 700 range for 10 seconds.
While not bad, I don't think Hextech Sweeper needs any more power tacked on to it.

iPooUnicorns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
This solution won't work.
Here is a solution that will work.

Limit Kassadin to his actual range of his ultimate cast. What am I talking about? He can rift walk further than it tells you he can.

Perfect example: http://i.imgur.com/Zhlst.jpg

I'm standing on the wall, the range is obviously not enough, but I can still jump over the wall. (Red: Cast range, Yellow: Projected cast range).

Ezreal can do this too, but not nearly to the extent that Kassadin can. Kassadin can jump over ANY wall in Dominion if positioned right.
It could be because it's an AoE ult, and he can end up going to anywhere on the circle that you target with.

wingstreet

01-02-2013

i'll say it again...

solution to kassadin: make riftwalk drain mana based on a % of his max mana and not a flat mana multiplier. that way regardless of how much mana he has it will drain him fully within 3-4 riftwalks. the biggest issue with kass is he has way too much mobility because dom players have actually figured out the champ is a manatank.

another option would be to fix his base dmg on skills so AP is needed to be useful. however, this option actually hurts SR so it probably isn't the solution that they are looking for.

what naotsan posted is also a really good example of what is wrong with kass. because he has an aoe indicator for his riftlwalk he can actually riftwalk it's full range PLUS half a large aoe template. making that a single target cast that just does dmg to things within a radius would probably help a lot.

just a few things i've noticed while playing dom vs kass.

Impsy

01-02-2013

Fix how his AP scales. He does way too much damage as it is without having to actually build for it. It's like how Diana used to be. His ult shouldn't be spammable ad nauseum either. His current values and skills make him so cheesy to use. He tanks like a beast and does crazy damage without having to build for it, all while having extreme mobility and utlity with no drawbacks or counters.... Sounds balanced.

MajorUrsa

01-10-2013

Nerf, disable, delete Kassadin. Fix this issue.