How do you do enough damage to kill people as jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattleBootyRiven

12-31-2012

I can do good damage as riven but I cant do anything as jayce O_o

What do you max and what combos do you do to do some decent damage

DrHextechDude

12-31-2012

Holy **** i am just in the same state as u
I love Jayce's kit as he has EVERYTHING but i dont find him deal so much dmg people are saying about :/

Snipawolfe

12-31-2012

The typical combo I see Jayces do is (ranged) EQ -> (hammer) QE. Can't really give you much other advice. Poke early since you're ranged? Always make sure to power your Q up if it's going to hit? I'm not sure. I don't play Jayce yet.

BattleBootyRiven

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHextechDude View Post
Holy **** i am just in the same state as u
I love Jayce's kit as he has EVERYTHING but i dont find him deal so much dmg people are saying about :/
exactly lol, He sucks compared to riven or darius or jax

Armstice

12-31-2012

His power comes in his versatility. If your target is ranged, or you prefer to harass from range your q should be your first skill up and you need to play a poke game. If your opponent is tanky, you level e for the %dmg to hp.

Jayce is not a duelist like Darius, Jax or Riven. He widdles away at people's hp to get them into kill range much like teemo.

BattleBootyRiven

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstice View Post
His power comes in his versatility. If your target is ranged, or you prefer to harass from range your q should be your first skill up and you need to play a poke game. If your opponent is tanky, you level e for the %dmg to hp.

Jayce is not a duelist like Darius, Jax or Riven. He widdles away at people's hp to get them into kill range much like teemo.
refunding then, >.> thanks for the reply. I can 1v1 people better as teemo

Phoenix3169

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Dat Teemo View Post
refunding then, >.> thanks for the reply. I can 1v1 people better as teemo
ITT: I can't one shot people so I'm going to refund.

Shamble

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
The typical combo I see Jayces do is (ranged) EQ -> (hammer) QE. Can't really give you much other advice. Poke early since you're ranged? Always make sure to power your Q up if it's going to hit? I'm not sure. I don't play Jayce yet.
I use a more complex combo for most of my kills. If you get this solid combo off, you can kill most any champion top. It is all about positioning and timing. Start in Hammer stance, Q to a minion behind enemy champion, E enemy champion further into lane, W, R to Cannon stance, auto attack once, then immediately W for four quick shots. As he runs past you, use gate to catch him, and snipe through it first. Ignite to secure the kill.
Alternatively, if you have flash, you can initiate with Q on the champion, instead of a minion, and flash behind him for better positioning.
Jayce requires a little more skill to play than some people may be used to, as you rotate through your stances and abilities.
It... sounds like a lot, but it's thrilling to pull off. You will look like a madman doing this, but if you master it people will learn to keep their distance. Jayce can zone champions really well and farm in cannon stance, when he's OOM you just go to hammer and use auto attacks to build mana back up.