Revive: turning bad plays into undeserved wins since 2011

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slev

01-03-2013

The auras were not uniformly fair. It made bruisers more powerful than they should be. Revive is across the board the same for all champions. As is flash. The auras were not across the board fair. THAT, is why they were removed.

bierfaust

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slev View Post
The auras were not uniformly fair. It made bruisers more powerful than they should be. Revive is across the board the same for all champions. As is flash. The auras were not across the board fair. THAT, is why they were removed.
Revive is not the same for all champions. While it is the same in terms of the effects of the spell itself, the effects on the game vary greatly.

If someone had an incredibly strong, hard to kill, near full build bot laner like yorick,and you finally killed him, bam he pops revive, runs back bot before you even get a chance to neutralise the tower and then proceeds to wreck your face. And now he has a nice bonus amount of hp to pad him even further.

In that situation, Yorick using revive is far more powerful than some other generic tanky derps or ap. Those are the scenarios where the shear stupid, game breaking power of revive are shown, and yet people still refuse to see it.

Slev

01-03-2013

By that logic, GA should be removed as well. If revive is as powerful as you say it is, then any good bot laner would build early GA, regardless of champion type. However, I would be fine with revive gone. I just think the reasoning is more from a, "win, should be a win" standpoint, which is basically a restatement of what you're saying, just in a less, game-related way.

MyDeadGrandma

01-03-2013

Taking revive doesn't delay your bot laner's core item build. GA also doesn't restore you to full health (with bonus and a movement speed buff).

And GA is an issue in prolonged SR games, again, on some heroes more than others (karthus)

bierfaust

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Taking revive doesn't delay your bot laner's core item build. GA also doesn't restore you to full health (with bonus and a movement speed buff).

And GA is an issue in prolonged SR games, again, on some heroes more than others (karthus)
Good to see someone with some sense in this thread.

Redenbacher

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post

Also, GA doesn't pop you back in the fountain. Your dead body sits there for a few seconds while the enemy re-positions themselves to an advantage.

DiscworldDeath

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
Good to see someone with some sense in this thread.
This is hilarious, considering you duo-queue with him a lot. It's almost sock-puppet territory. I'm fine with you guys agreeing and both posting, since it's your opinions, but this? Stay classy dude.

konfetarius

01-04-2013

Quote:
In that situation, Yorick using revive is far more powerful than some other generic tanky derps or ap. Those are the scenarios where the shear stupid, game breaking power of revive are shown, and yet people still refuse to see it.
And some champions are far more powerful than other generic tanky derps or APs when using Cleanse. And some champions are far more gamebreakingly powerful than the rest of the cast with flash. Ditto for Garisson and even Ghost (lolaf).

And if anything, you are far overestimating the power of revive on Yorick. It's annoying, but so is every other wall of bricks that comes flying out of the fountain to delay your cap for reinforcements to come up.

MyDeadGrandma

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
And some champions are far more powerful than other generic tanky derps or APs when using Cleanse. And some champions are far more gamebreakingly powerful than the rest of the cast with flash. Ditto for Garisson and even Ghost (lolaf).

And if anything, you are far overestimating the power of revive on Yorick. It's annoying, but so is every other wall of bricks that comes flying out of the fountain to delay your cap for reinforcements to come up.
Which only reinforces the idea that summoners in general need to be looked at, especially for dominion. Garrison is ****ing stupid on the likes of Alistar and Lulu. Flash? DotA was right, nuff said. I actually disagree with his sentiment that revive is not equal on all champs. It is broken on all champs

Quote:
This is hilarious, considering you duo-queue with him a lot. It's almost sock-puppet territory. I'm fine with you guys agreeing and both posting, since it's your opinions, but this? Stay classy dude.
What can I say, I'm the 5th most loved non-CCP person in China.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

I personally feel more frustrated when someone exhausts me than when I kill someone and they revive, particularly as someone who is bot lane a lot. At least when they revive i can try to kill them again and it won't be up for ~9 mins. Every couple of minutes Exhaust drops my damage down to 0 and heaven forbid I need to auto attack. Oh and if i specced into it I deal more damage to you! Why aren't you guys up in arms about this instead? I can Exhaust 3 times as often as I can Revive.