Revive: turning bad plays into undeserved wins since 2011

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

01-01-2013

Quote:
To expand a little on what I said before, not rly sure I like how in initial windmill fights, 4 long drawn out deaths on one team can cap windmill over the other team that barely killed 4 without dying because of revive.
The windmill fight thing, personally, I think it's more of a problem of people wasting time chasing. I've seen enough of those situations go either way as a result of how the initially winning team deals with the straggler who is trying to delay the cap and them from backing.

It's counter-intuitive at first, but it really comes down the winning team screwing up after they did the first round of killing. Admittedly, it can be and typically is a lot more complex than that, but the same point holds for "lol team that revives first wins."

Genericke

01-01-2013

Quote:
Wrong. If one team doesn't get aced in a close fight then they will not be able to Revive zerg and take over the game unfairly. Also, after this happens the team that lost cannot simply do the same in return. That should be obvious.

Except you revive and they are at full health with control of the map. It's actually a fair fight at that point, whereas before they used Revive to zerg your team after you fairly won a close fight (in which you should have gained control of the map) and destroyed you because you were weak. That is not "good play", it is turning a deserved loss into a win.
This I agree with. I see it happen all the time. Quite often the team that got aced and then revived is the one that takes the windmill, and then dominates ith opressive map control.

Personally I find revive to be fun because you spend less time dead and more time doing things.

But that being said, there is something weird about that first windmill fight and what revive does to it. For example, if I'm playing someone and I'm at 10% health, and I have no more mana left to cast spells (and I've managed to escape to enemy team, but the windmill fight is still happening) I have two options. I can go b, and wait for my health and mana to go back up OR I can run into the enemy team and eat a few spells to give my team a bit of an advantage, revive and instantly have full health and mana (plus bonus health) and then run back to the windmill much faster then if I'd simply gone b.

Fabs457

01-01-2013

only bot lane truly needs revive... but then 85% of all dominion players who don't ever bot lane will feel left out

BuddhaRice

01-01-2013

Posting in an fdru thread

subqt

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
It's like the respawn window timer except with a button so you can do it whenever.

Why has this spell, which is completely broken on Crystal Scar and totally useless on the other maps (and even disabled on one), not been fixed or flat out removed yet?
If you cant beat em, join em

Samcro AUS

01-02-2013

[QUOTE=Genericke;33046184]This I agree with. I see it happen all the time. Quite often the team that got aced and then revived is the one that takes the windmill, and then dominates ith opressive map control.

i dont see how that happens really cos you have enough time right after the ace to back then defend or put someone bot so they have to defend there bot and have less people on windmill. Not sure if thats the pro thinking but thats how i see it

Nekrogen

01-02-2013

Complimentary FFFFFDRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ManPandas

01-02-2013

Quote:
You come back with the same answer of "both teams have access to it" which is no excuse for it's existence, why should it be mandatory for this to occur in the game?. Nobody should have access to it, as it would make death have more meaning and impact.

Team A loses windmill to Team B.
Team A blows revive and returns to windmill to pick off the injured Team B.
Team B blows revive to return to windmill to engage Team A AGAIN (who by this time either have the tower or all of Team B's important champion spells are on CD putting them at a severe disadvantage because of 1 stupid summoner spell).
This time, Team A wins (because of revive, and only because of revive), Team B is now dead for 15 secs and has lost map control.

In what universe is that even remotely fair? If you lose a fight, you deserve to be punished for it. Revive is basically a do-over button.
This is a fantasic example of how Strategy in revive is important. Team B absolutely is the inferior team here because they WASTED thier revive. In this example they Have a clear advantag after they lose WM. Specifically they still have revive. Using revive against a team at full strenghth throws away the power of it. Team B should wait to res, and attack 4v4 - and lets assume they lose the battle, but damage the other team, and maybe kill 1 player and another Bs back. NOW they revive and attack 4v2.5. Reviving after a crushing defeat is a waste of the most important resource you have. You need to revive after dealing damage to finish he job.

This may explain why revive feels so unbalanced for inexperianced people. The first revive wave is automatically "money" because of the nature of the first fight. He retallying team now has a harder decission to make. But many times its worth hitting more or less immediatly. Then the skill comes in to play around minute 12 or so until the end of the game.

To fix this Ive got a great suggestion. Make the cooldown something like 6 minutes BUT start the match with it already on cooldown. This would mean youd get the same number of uses in an average 20 minute game - but that first revive actually takes skill.

Sojjang

01-02-2013

I see many people in Dominion preferring to run with Ignite/Flash or Ghost/Flash or Barrier/Flash MUCH more than I see any combination with Revive. Why not just delete Flash as well, seeing as how it's used by almost every single person?

Argodis

01-02-2013

Might as well enable Teleport too. lol