Celestine Soraka (reading this would be swell, Reds)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Championshp Pony

02-22-2013

Ahoy! So I just wanted to say I've been playing League since beta (thanks to my brother, who runs Leaguecraft, who got me a beta key). I have both the beta skins, King Rammus and UFO Corki, and would have hopefully ended up on the final top 100 list before ELO got fully integrated, but I had to study and couldn't play, so alas no cool Rammus icon for me. I did make those original top 100 lists twice, though under the name Fourwinds.

More specifically, I played Soraka, back when she was the least played champion, and so busting out her Starcall on the unsuspecting...oh, the memories. And then when Infuse could be used offensively... But this post isn't a gripe about her ability changes, good or bad—nothing like that.

It's just that being one of the original champions it's a little disheartening that she seems to be so overlooked with skins. When skins were just starting out, we get Dryad Soraka on 4 June 2010. And for the time, when particles were an unknown thing, Dryad was such a rad skin (I honestly think I preferred Dryad more before the VO, that much). Then before we know it, it's 2 November 2010, and along comes Divine Soraka. Personally I never saw much in her. I know lore-wise she was meant to be the ascended Soraka, before the fall. But, really, you put a dress on her. A lot of her image is taken away too—horn and goatie legs—without any trading up. Except a dress.

And then we enter the endless winter abyss. That was November 2010. And now March 2013 is rolling around, and here we are: Celestine Soraka. Two years and four months in between skins. (In between that time....well, I don't really need to mention the endless Teemo or Annie skins.) Now, of course there was the whispered at Battle Priestess Soraka, and then it fell away, apparently not cool enough or accentuating to her image. So I guess I was in really high hopes: a whole skin cancelled—that actually looked pretty decent—so when they do release her next skin it will be boss, to use the scientific term.

So looking at Celestine, the latest video preview before her release, and... You put her in a dress. And it's just so frustrating. I mean, if she had particles then it would be okay, because the quality of the look is a lot better than Divine. And the scepter. But then you get to her autoattack, and her skills, and there's nothing. I believe there is a faint whitish glow intermittently. But so close to release, I have to ask: is that it? I mean, if you look at it's going to be launched off the back of, the two Steel Legion skins, I hope you can understand how it can be frustrating. They both ooze coolness, entire new looks, and flashy spells. And we get Soraka in another dress. No flashy particles.

Now, if another skin was going to come out in another six months or so, sure, no big deal. She might one day end up with a cool envisioning. An Ascended Soraka worthy of a great gem of her lore: a true Legendary skin. Or (lore aside) a dark, twisted Fallen Soraka, calling upon the Void, its bolts of chaotic energies. But given the track record we've had to patiently survive, things look grim. Another two years for a skin, where she might possibly end up in another different dress...

So I'm going to stop, because I'm actually getting frustrated at myself for being so negative. Honestly, I love you guys, and all the new art you are bringing to the game is amazing, and the promises that lore will begin to be revived (RIP Journal of Justice). It's just that a lot of other champs get super exciting skins, and frequently, and Soraka is overlooked. I'm hoping her VO (which is super rad, by the way) can bring her out of the abyss. Or, if you've still got time, could any sort of evident coolness to be added to the Celestine particles? More than the slightness that's showing now. I mean, I will buy her anyway, because she is my favourite, and I like supporting you guys, but I can always hope.

TL;DR Please, reds, I would like to hear what you think on the matter. If you're super proud of the Celestine skin, and what it brings to her look and feel. Please, I'm a pony. Help me, Obi-Red Riotnobi. You're my only hope.

Adonna

02-22-2013

I think her staff looks cool but that's about it. The effects are sub-par, another dress O_O, and she literally looks like a white blob, and wtf is up with hats? It's like they are trying to hide the poor design under them ~_~ I agree with wanting a demon/(completely) fallen soraka because I think every support deserves a bad-ass looking skin. Here's a link to the best conception art for this. This is not my art and I take no credit for this!

http://noctume.deviantart.com/art/So...sion-349185158

^^^^this I would buy, Riot's I will once again not. Oh well. Maybe I should switch to a different role to get some decent looking skins.

Championshp Pony

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonna View Post
I think her staff looks cool but that's about it. The effects are sub-par, another dress O_O, and she literally looks like a white blob, and wtf is up with hats? It's like they are trying to hide the poor design under them ~_~ I agree with wanting a demon/(completely) fallen soraka because I think every support deserves a bad-ass looking skin. Here's a link to the best conception art for this. This is not my art and I take no credit for this!

http://noctume.deviantart.com/art/So...sion-349185158

^^^^this I would buy, Riot's I will once again not. Oh well. Maybe I should switch to a different role to get some decent looking skins.
agree the staff is rad.

and, yes, that concept is pretty much spot on for what i imagine a Fallen Soraka-ish skin would look like. and that gives you so much more room to make cool and distinct particles.

but then, that's also it: the Celestine idea is great, but if it's meant to be more holy in nature, then the spells should show that.

Championshp Pony

02-25-2013

pony bump.

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

I'm not buying another soraka skin unless it's legendary. Nunu and Kayle and Blitz all got one, but no love for sora

Championshp Pony

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazier View Post
I'm not buying another soraka skin unless it's legendary. Nunu and Kayle and Blitz all got one, but no love for sora
Exactly. I would think it would be quite easy to think up a concept for her that is awing, and builds off of her look and feel, considering that she has so few skins. Again, her true Ascended form, worthy of being a legendary skin, is one thought.

Love the goatie, please, reds.