Why doesn't Riot listen to "flip the s" suggestion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatdidyoudo View Post
Both teams can be blue, and your opponent is always purple. That would work. each team would see the map on their side is all.
So both teams would start at the lower left corner. And all this would be fixed.
This made me laugh. This is what everyone is asking for in all these threads. Can you not read?

It would be way, way too much money for Riot to invest in such a small fraction of the players. A Red has said that the amount of people this would help is a fraction of the colorblind population, and they would have to remodel the entire map instead of just change some colors.

Mageinta Warrior

01-01-2013

The map isn't symmetrical. It's not as easy as changing view.

ChiSqrd

01-01-2013

Unlock the goddamn camera! If you prefer to play with it locked, basically you prefer playing with an disadvantage. WTF right?

WickaWicka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Baron and dragon. That's why you can't flip the map, as its not completely symmetrical. The cons vastly outweigh the pro's. Its one of those things that as you develop as a player, it'll become easier to deal with.

Yourbest

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
I've never ridden a bike before in my life. I want to learn. I decide that, in order to focus on one thing at a time, I'm going to put training wheels on my bike. I get more and more practice with my bike, and become really good at it; I'm faster than all of my friends. Pretty soon I decide to enter a bike race. I show up, and the race is totally unfair! I'm way faster at peddling than everyone else there, but because of my training wheels I can't handle the turns nearly as fast as all the people without them, sharp turns are just about impossible!
The organizers of this race should fix it. I should be allowed to use training wheels if I want and not be at a disadvantage to everyone else!
Your analogy almost works, but in this case the training wheels were provided by the organizers of the race and although it's unreasonable to ask to be "As good as" someone without them, it's not too much to ask to have something optimized. Ask, not demand or cry about it.

As for a possible solution to the problem, I suggest having an option to flip the HUD or be able to move sections where you'd like. That would give more screen room where you need to look or click. Then there'd be no issue about baron or dragon/top lane or bot lane.

HaShedon

01-02-2013

It's not even a matter of locked vs. unlocked, the angle of the map is irritating when you're laning as purple, imo.

Kael MK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

"Seriously, it has been suggested probably more than 100 times and the majority agree with it. Yet, riot hasn't done anything?"

REALLY, 100 out of 15ish million want your gibble cam to work better. just stop complaining about an unbroken system. if anything, the map flip would be useful only to those who prefer moving from bottom to top in their attack, not because they cant use the camera. but this would also mix the jungle paths up and cause a headache for everyone.

LogicalTautology

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatdidyoudo View Post
Both teams can be blue, and your opponent is always purple. That would work. each team would see the map on their side is all.
So both teams would start at the lower left corner. And all this would be fixed.
Less than 1% of the population will be happy with this change.
Over 99% would be significantly hampered by this change.

Not to mention, that still flips the lanes. Because of Baron/Dragon.

Also, what about streams of matches?

ChiSqrd

01-02-2013

The thing is, we only get posts from the complainers. What about the majority of the people who are satisfied with just unlocked camera?

Waikikamukau

01-02-2013

I started playing a couple weeks ago. It took me 2 games to get used to looking at the map from the Purple side. Work with it, it'll make you a more versatile player conditioning your brain to adapt to changing environments and will benefit you in PvP. You will anticipate more, react better and be a greater asset to your team.