Why doesn't Riot listen to "flip the s" suggestion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Blackadder View Post
Just Y, yes.
However the point is there are people who dislikes unlocked camera. I don't think we should rise stuffs like "learn to do it", "it's how pros play"...

This thread has nothing to do with skills and it shouldn't have to. Some people just feel at ease while playing with locked camera, and purple team doesn't allow them to do it. What's the point of a game? Entertain you, not to show the world how skilled you are. So if some function in the game make you feel bad, then that function is bad (to you). And if many people is hating that function, the game's losing a bit of players, eh?

As for an online game, I don't think they should just say "hell, they need to learn to do it, or else quit lolololz" as the developers. Gamers like us can just don't care, but Riot can't. This is business and pleasing all customers should be the goal.

Btw, I play unlocked on purple team and locked on blue team, always. And even with locked I still had map awareness and never missed such thing like Cait's ult from afar.
I hope you realize that playing with the UI in a different spot would be as difficult to get used to as unlocked screen is.

Shadowed Ruby

01-01-2013

Well, I like Karma but she can't handle being 0cs support, and I refuse to play her as a Mid character, thus Riot must make an option to make minions just for me. Even though I can actively play her in a different position.

Pleasing all customers is business sense, right?

Forte Blackadder

01-01-2013

At least it's less time and effort consuming than re-making the map.
It may make you harder to watch out for gank on bot lane, but overall I don't think it's that bad. All this problem is because the UI themselves block the lower side of the screen which is where blue team come from, thus make it harder to target, skillshot, spells... So I only thought changing the root of the problem may fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowed Ruby View Post
Well, I like Karma but she can't handle being 0cs support, and I refuse to play her as a Mid character, thus Riot must make an option to make minions just for me. Even though I can actively play her in a different position.

Pleasing all customers is business sense, right?
No, I think you're misunderstood me. I clearly say "function" and "many people is hating it". Only YOU won't change anything. Many was complaining about Karma and I heard that they're modifying her (shield stun or something) too.

adc

01-01-2013

Well, actually, the problem stems from you locking your camera and refusing to unlock it ever.

Shadowed Ruby

01-01-2013

I understood you perfectly.

Forte Blackadder

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Well, actually, the problem stems from you locking your camera and refusing to unlock it ever.
That's one of the problems too, I agree that we need to improve ourselves. But why forcing us when Riot can make an option? Like I said

Quote:
Btw, I play unlocked on purple team and locked on blue team, always. And even with locked I still had map awareness and never missed such thing like Cait's ult from afar.
It's more of a "feeling" issue, you don't have problem with it doesn't mean other people neither do. I've said what I think regarding this thread.

LogicalTautology

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Blackadder View Post
That's one of the problems too, I agree that we need to improve ourselves. But why forcing us when Riot can make an option? Like I said
More people will be inconvenienced by this change (who will not use the option), than there are people who will use this change.

a) In champ select, you have to figure out if you're Blue/Purple before asking for top/bot? Even worse, every single player has to start using Dragon/Baron as lane names?
b) Someone mid with a flipped camera sees [solo bruiser lane] overextended, quickly types "pushing to tower and coming down". I'm playing Purple botlane so engage a trade in 30s, and you are actually heading to toplane so I die.
c) People who have been playing for two years have to learn to quickly type "splitting Dragonlane, go push Baronlane" when they mean "splitting bot, go push top"
etc.
etc.
etc.

adc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
More people will be inconvenienced by this change (who will not use the option), than there are people who will use this change.

a) In champ select, you have to figure out if you're Blue/Purple before asking for top/bot? Even worse, every single player has to start using Dragon/Baron as lane names?
b) Someone mid with a flipped camera sees [solo bruiser lane] overextended, quickly types "pushing to tower and coming down". I'm playing Purple botlane so engage a trade in 30s, and you are actually heading to toplane so I die.
c) People who have been playing for two years have to learn to quickly type "splitting Dragonlane, go push Baronlane" when they mean "splitting bot, go push top"
etc.
etc.
etc.
Just a note on the Dragon/Baron lane - that's not too bad. DotA calls them long or hard lane and short/easy lane. But getting used to it would be a pain.

KnightxSScarlett

01-01-2013

Maybe Riot doesn't care about the insignificant number of people that play locked. Maybe, as MOBA players themselves, Riot feels you should learn to play unlocked? If the option to lock the camera was never there in the first place, there wouldn't be a problem.

Whatdidyoudo

01-01-2013

Both teams can be blue, and your opponent is always purple. That would work. each team would see the map on their side is all.
So both teams would start at the lower left corner. And all this would be fixed.