Why doesn't Riot listen to "flip the s" suggestion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
Another problem, which no one has mentioned, is that if flipping the screen is optional, how do you define who is going where?

Player A calls for a gank top, but the jungler plays flipped and goes bot instead. Watch the rage/blame start.

By the way, the tutorial *does* explain how to lock/unlock the camera.
Player A calls for a gank, and player B (the jungler) goes to gank player C. I think that's just stupidity, not a problem with the suggestion.

KnightxSScarlett

01-01-2013

Talon: I need a gank
*Lee Sin goes to not-Talon's lane*
Talon: WTF U NOOB!

Not his fault, Lee Sin is blind

Talon: I need a gank
*Olaf goes to Talon's lane*
Talon: WTF U NOOB! JUNGLER SUCKS!

Well, it's the jungler's fault no matter what, right?

mdiaz28

01-01-2013

Just learn to play with unlocked cam. Most simplest solution. No resources need to go into a camera style that limits map awareness

Poats

01-01-2013

I would play unlocked but my mouse is junk (will shoot outside the game window) and I have to play windowed because my screen is too big.

AJStarhiker

01-01-2013

How big is your screen and how close do you sit to it?

Forte Blackadder

01-01-2013

Just make an option to flip the UI, the minimap and abilities and items windows go up.
Problem solved, no?

adc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Blackadder View Post
Just make an option to flip the UI, the minimap and abilities and items windows go up.
Problem solved, no?
If you were playing a game, and suddenly your UI was on the opposite side of the screen, that would be fairly hard to get used to, wouldn't it?

Forte Blackadder

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
If you were playing a game, and suddenly your UI was on the opposite side of the screen, that would be fairly hard to get used to, wouldn't it?
That's why I said "make an option" so they can choose whether they want to use it. Not that hard to go to "Interface Options" to click, eh?

KnightxSScarlett

01-01-2013

Well they have an option to unlock your camera. Not that hard to play with unlocked, eh?

Forte Blackadder

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Well they have an option to unlock your camera. Not that hard to play with unlocked, eh?
Just Y, yes.
However the point is there are people who dislikes unlocked camera. I don't think we should rise stuffs like "learn to do it", "it's how pros play"...

This thread has nothing to do with skills and it shouldn't have to. Some people just feel at ease while playing with locked camera, and purple team doesn't allow them to do it. What's the point of a game? Entertain you, not to show the world how skilled you are. So if some function in the game make you feel bad, then that function is bad (to you). And if many people is hating that function, the game's losing a bit of players, eh?

As for an online game, I don't think they should just say "hell, they need to learn to do it, or else quit lolololz" as the developers. Gamers like us can just don't care, but Riot can't. This is business and pleasing all customers should be the goal.

Btw, I play unlocked on purple team and locked on blue team, always. And even with locked I still had map awareness and never missed such thing like Cait's ult from afar.