Leona + Pantheon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirSteed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

I remember reading this two part story months back, still affects me the same way.

Rather than this being just some type of OTP or shipping doujin, I think it paints a really vivid picture on ulterior motives for joining the league, reminding us that as alpha as pantheon may be, he is still a human being.

I just remember going teary eyed when I first read it, his ult ties so well into always being there for leona, even if he is far away, he'll be there when she needs him.

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Leona being innocently flirtatious (probably not the best description for how she comes off in the comics) makes you love her even more.

WasteOfFire

12-31-2012

I wish I could animate, because I would make a series of this

Beas7ie

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolsticeWrath View Post
As someone who mains Pantheon, I'm never gonna let another Leona die ever again. If even if it means to give up my god-like kill streak.
*sniffle* As a fellow Pantheon main, I too make this promise! LEONA I SHALL PROTECT YOU WITH MY LIFE!

Max Gripness

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
That's really a question for the Creative Designers. I work with the department a lot but they have their own initiatives and timelines. I'm really not sure what they are enough to make an educated statement. I think what we saw with the Shadow Isles is a good indicator of what's to come, but there are indeed efforts to figuring out the best delivery mechanisms and cadences. I myself am not completely up on any larger plans, I can only comment on what I work on directly with them.
whoops I accidentally downvoted you

ChrononumberXIII

12-31-2012

As a Leona main, this makes smile and wish all Pantheons were like this.

Liamval

12-31-2012

now playing Mantheon will be totally different :'(

Endertome

12-31-2012

Quote:
That'd be this red probably

Anywhoozle..

What interests me in this sort of story is a continuing theme that people seem to attach to. Leona, that she's sought after but never quite returning of the affections. In my eyes this stands pretty true with where I think we want to go with her. Pantheon might indeed have a deep love for her, something not obvious or overt written into the lore, but Leona is otherwise oblivious or, dunno the right word to use, "pure", to show interest.

I sort of view Leona in this odd puritanical nature, sort of "above it all" concerning mortal love affairs. That's not to say she's ambivalent, I think her Solari calling just tends to trump a lot of her emotions concerning romance, but the human urge can always be calling. Personally I like that because it causes tension with her, Diana and Pantheon. I can see some pretty cool stories coming out of that triangle. I can see alliances and other turns. I'd love to see if we can flesh it out more.
So what you're saying is Pantheon may harbor a hidden crush on Leona
and Leona is romantically oblivious

This sounds like an anime plot.

Quote:
I like that people glom onto things we've been able to subtly plant or hint at. It can be hard to solidify story sometimes when you're dealing with this many main characters. I'm glad players can fill in the blanks which we try to leave room for.
As a member of the Touhou fan community, this isn't all that unusual for me. Touhou has more 'main' characters in it than even League of Legends, but thanks to the fandom, each and every one is a fully developed character with a variety of attachments and relationships with other characters. Friends, rivalries, family-like bonds, even some hate floating around.

LouisLeGros

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
So what you're saying is Pantheon may harbor a hidden crush on Leona
and Leona is romantically oblivious

This sounds like an anime plot.
We need to hire Iaw as a writer and get this done

AGayRab

12-31-2012

Can someone tell Leona why he joined the League please?