In-Depth HOW TO: Install League of Legends in Wine on 64bit Linux (100% Functional)

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Javiere

Junior Member

12-31-2012

First, sorry for my English. It's very bad. :$
I followed your guide step to step but I have a problem. When I log a login error, "Login failed for an unknown reason.", appears. Furthermore, many times it don't pass from the update window and I have to reopen the script.
Do you know what can be?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sk8rjwd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1756565c9883c7 View Post
First, sorry for my English. It's very bad. :$
I followed your guide step to step but I have a problem. When I log a login error, "Login failed for an unknown reason.", appears. Furthermore, many times it don't pass from the update window and I have to reopen the script.
Do you know what can be?
What version of Linux are you running?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Javiere

Junior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8rjwd View Post
What version of Linux are you running?
Linux Mint 14 Nadia 32bit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sk8rjwd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1756565c9883c7 View Post
Linux Mint 14 Nadia 32bit.
This has something to do with Internet Explorer. Try running:
  • winetricks ie6

I am not entirely sure if that will do the trick, but if it doesn't also try changing the wine config to Windows 7 instead of 8. I haven't been able to test it on a 32 bit machine, so this may be the result. Let me know


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D0cHammer

Junior Member

12-31-2012

Got an error after running the patch code "python lol_linux.py texture_patch"
This is what popped up in the terminal:
League of Legends - Linux Tools
Downloading DATA.tar.gz Size: 245kb
245760 [100.00%]
Unpacking Archives, please wait...
File not found in releasemanifest, patch could not be applied.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: I think that this may be caused by having a completely clean instillation of LOL, since I hadn't run the updater on the computer I was borrowing. So just take note, you need to have run the updater to complete this.
-----------------------------------
Worked in the end. Thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeXaG0n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-01-2013

This is great! Seems like the best method out there ATM. I did all the steps, no problems at any point except for the actual running. I get a couple hundred lines of this:

trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = SUCCESS (16)
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = SUCCESS (24)
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile (0x28,(nil),(nil),(nil),0x53e288,0x110da8,0x000000 08,(nil),(nil)),partial stub!
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = SUCCESS (8)
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile (0x28,(nil),(nil),(nil),0x53e288,0x110e90,0x000000 18,(nil),(nil)),partial stub!
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = SUCCESS (24)
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = 0xc000014b

EDIT:
I decided to open a terminal, export my lol wineprefix and just ran wine '/PATH/lol.launcher.exe" and it worked!!! My store still doesn't work, but I don't mind. However, when I try to start a game I get:

"err:wininet:HTTP_ParseDate unexpected date format L"Tue, 27 Apr 1971 19:44:06 EST"
fixme:thread:AcquireSRWLockShared (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:ReleaseSRWLockShared (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:AcquireSRWLockExclusive (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:ReleaseSRWLockExclusive (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:AcquireSRWLockExclusive (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:ReleaseSRWLockExclusive (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:AcquireSRWLockShared (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:ReleaseSRWLockShared (0x5de6b680): stub
err:wininet:netcon_secure_connect_setup SSL_connect failed: 12057
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_ActivateKeyboardLayout 0x10091009, 0000: semi-stub!
err:wininetpen_http_connection create_netconn failed: 12029
err:wininet:HTTP_ParseRfc1123Date unexpected time zone L"PST"
err:wininet:HTTP_ParseRfc850Date unexpected month format L" Dec 1969 16:00:00 PST"
err:wininet:HTTP_ParseDate unexpected date format L"Wed, 31 Dec 1969 16:00:00 PST"
wine: Invalid parameter."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sk8rjwd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeXaG0n View Post
This is great! Seems like the best method out there ATM. I did all the steps, no problems at any point except for the actual running. I get a couple hundred lines of this:

trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = SUCCESS (16)
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = SUCCESS (24)
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile (0x28,(nil),(nil),(nil),0x53e288,0x110da8,0x000000 08,(nil),(nil)),partial stub!
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = SUCCESS (8)
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile (0x28,(nil),(nil),(nil),0x53e288,0x110e90,0x000000 18,(nil),(nil)),partial stub!
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = SUCCESS (24)
trace:ntdll:NtReadFile = 0xc000014b

EDIT:
I decided to open a terminal, export my lol wineprefix and just ran wine '/PATH/lol.launcher.exe" and it worked!!! My store still doesn't work, but I don't mind. However, when I try to start a game I get:

"err:wininet:HTTP_ParseDate unexpected date format L"Tue, 27 Apr 1971 19:44:06 EST"
fixme:thread:AcquireSRWLockShared (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:ReleaseSRWLockShared (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:AcquireSRWLockExclusive (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:ReleaseSRWLockExclusive (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:AcquireSRWLockExclusive (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:ReleaseSRWLockExclusive (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:AcquireSRWLockShared (0x5de6b680): stub
fixme:thread:ReleaseSRWLockShared (0x5de6b680): stub
err:wininet:netcon_secure_connect_setup SSL_connect failed: 12057
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_ActivateKeyboardLayout 0x10091009, 0000: semi-stub!
err:wininetpen_http_connection create_netconn failed: 12029
err:wininet:HTTP_ParseRfc1123Date unexpected time zone L"PST"
err:wininet:HTTP_ParseRfc850Date unexpected month format L" Dec 1969 16:00:00 PST"
err:wininet:HTTP_ParseDate unexpected date format L"Wed, 31 Dec 1969 16:00:00 PST"
wine: Invalid parameter."
Your date is mesed up, it says you're in 1971. What version of Linux are you running? Also, are you using wine1.3?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

weekendbowyer

Junior Member

01-01-2013

Thanks a lot for all your work on this! I'm running Debian Testing and was, like hex above, unable to get the game to actually run. When I run the script I get a large dump (about 4k lines) that I'm looking through right now. I attempted to just export WINEDEBUG and run the launcher myself but I got identical results either way. I'll post a link to my dump if I can't solve the problem myself.

update: I'm apparently missing wldap32.dll


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sk8rjwd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendbowyer View Post
Thanks a lot for all your work on this! I'm running Debian Testing and was, like hex above, unable to get the game to actually run. When I run the script I get a large dump (about 4k lines) that I'm looking through right now. I attempted to just export WINEDEBUG and run the launcher myself but I got identical results either way. I'll post a link to my dump if I can't solve the problem myself.

update: I'm apparently missing wldap32.dll
Download this:
http://www.dlldump.com/dllfiles/W/wldap32.dll

And place it in:
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

weekendbowyer

Junior Member

01-02-2013

I just fixed it myself but I imagine your copy would have worked as well. At first I tried a copy from my 64-bit vista system but that didn't work, used a 32-bit XP install's copy. Now if only I could log in. I alternatingly get "server is busy" or "failed for unknown reason." Although this time it's hanging on "Retrieving data from server..." (though I see no network traffic). Progress?

I'm downloading ie6 as you suggested for the Mint dude, though I'm running Debian Testing 64-bit, my problem seems similar to his.

Using the wine uninstaller seems to be the only way to easily remove ie8. The --force flag is a handy way to reinstall a package if you've been swapping between winetricks versions of things. Regardless, I get the "server is busy" error using IE6, 7, and 8.


123456 ... 11