Jarvin's Lance... and Aatrox?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampChar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2013

Alright, so I was playing on the PBE, and I noticed that in a way, Jarvin's lance looks like Aatrox's sword. Also, they both expand similarly. This made me start to think, so I came to these forums, then I saw a thread where it had a link to the AMA( I missed it) and the window picture. So currently, I have a, somewhat possible, most likely not, theory

My theory is that, after Aatrox helped Demacia, they created a lance modeled after his weapon, and Jarvin eventually received that lance.

Thoughts?

johnnybravo2

05-23-2013

Hmmm. Jarvan is most definitely older than the aatrox concept, so it might just be a coincidence. However, you do have a point.

Morec0

05-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo2 View Post
Hmmm. Jarvan is most definitely older than the aatrox concept, so it might just be a coincidence. However, you do have a point.
Or perhaps during the conceptulization of Aatrox they took into account their idea of him appearing in multiple cultures and decided to use Jarvan's lance as inspiration for him in order to be another representation? Either way, it most definately is an interesting possibility.

ChampChar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morec0 View Post
Or perhaps during the conceptulization of Aatrox they took into account their idea of him appearing in multiple cultures and decided to use Jarvan's lance as inspiration for him in order to be another representation? Either way, it most definately is an interesting possibility.
I agree that this is most likely how it would come about it, but yay! I'm not crazy :P

Mutterscrawl

05-23-2013

Maybe Jarvin's Lance is a living weapon too just 'dormant' due to being separated from its Darkin.