Katarina needs better ratios

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElDynamite

12-30-2012

Anyone else share this idea?

Endgame, she does pitiful damage, gets burst down ridiculously easily, and gets CCed ridiculously easily. Her only damage-dealing abilities endgame are her Q, which has a 60% AP ratio, and her ult, with 175%, 17.5% per dagger.

First things first, the speed boost on her W should be changed to an enemy champion slow, and should be extended atleast half a second, giving her some form of CC, and making this skill a lot more useful.

IMO, changing her W to a slow and increasing the ratios on her W and E would probably make her a lot more viable.
I'm going to just throw these numbers out, but raising the AP ratio on her W from 25 to 40 and on her E from 40 to 60 would probably help significantly.

Thing is, almost every game, I get several kills early on (before 20) but then I quickly become useless as the other team stacks HP and Mres, no matter how fed I am. When there's a Katarina on the other team, in lategame fights we don't even focus her, we just let our AoEs take her out. She can't help much at all in lategame and that should be fixed.

Awfully Beast

12-30-2012

Are you joking? kat is by far fine where she is at. So far this season i have not seen or played with/against a bad katarina.. I think she needs a nerf in fact.her ratio on her ult is 1.75... i mean cmon man.. her ratios need a buff? nahh man. nahh.

ElDynamite

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfully Beast View Post
Are you joking? kat is by far fine where she is at. So far this season i have not seen or played with/against a bad katarina.. I think she needs a nerf in fact.her ratio on her ult is 1.75... i mean cmon man.. her ratios need a buff? nahh man. nahh.
I don't think how many bad Kats you've played has anything to do with it...
Her ult takes two seconds to channel, and you can just run from it... Not to mention it gets CC'ed so easily. Are people really going to sit right next to a Kat for two whole seconds and coincidentally not stun or run out of range until her ult is over? The last time I got a full ult on an enemy was in a gank when a Warwick suppressed the enemy. The last time I got a full ult in a 5v5 teamfight was when the enemies were running away and Ashe slowed them, and then I was only able to fully hit one enemy, out of three or four that were running. If the enemy team is scared of Kat's ult, they'll CC her before she gets three daggers out. Also, what about her other ratios? I don't think her Q or her ult need to be buffed, but her W and E do.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Well, she has started seeing tourney play since who knows how long, kind of a shine that she doesn't need buffs.

masterdragon481

12-30-2012

Her ability ratios are low because of her passive (in other words because her cooldowns are low). An extreme example, but could you imagine if veigar got his ulti refreshed on champ kill or assist?

Her W has a short cool down and therefore must have a low AP ratio to balance it. Her E does a good deal of damage for the sheer amounts of mobility it provides. Her ulti cooldown is not long to begin with and can be used to harrass someone out of lane; it doesnt need to be used to get the kill. And now lets not forget about her passive, which takes 15 seconds off all abilities on champion kill or assist. This refreshes QWE and takes a good chunk off your ultimate.

So no, buffing her AP ratios is just something that can't be done. If it was, she wouldnt actually have cooldowns. she would kill people even easier and get her resets. Can't happen, sorry.

Also, i forgot to mention this before, Kat should not be initating. Kat should be coming in after the fight has started to clean up kills. The enemy will have blown their CC by then and will hopefully be low enough to pick up kills and get your resets.

illitirit

12-30-2012

Your joking right? If anything Kat needs to be toned down, or a change to her passive is needed. Her resets single-handedly win team fights

rndcl

12-30-2012

As someone who mains kat, I think if anything her ratios should be lowered.

Vencu

12-31-2012

assassins are meant to fall of late game because they outright dominate mid game

Snipawolfe

12-31-2012

Didn't read anything except the title..

DEAR GOD NO.

Kadajko

12-31-2012

Any champion that has a good early to mid game, should NOT have a good late game, and vise verse. Katarina should not have an amazing late game.