@Riot How are we expected to deal with HP stacking as an AD?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

piedol

12-30-2012

Alright, here's the rundown of my question:
AD champions (Melee assassins in particular) have no way to deal with the stacking of health on this map. Resistances are one thing, but when you're playing someone like, say, Zed or Talon, against a Cho Gath who buys a Warmogs, Sunfire Cape, stacks his ulti and just keeps on going (This was the experience that led to me discovering its absence. Other scenarios are possible), how are you expected to deal with them?

It's not a matter of dealing damage, but being able to deal ENOUGH of it for it to even matter. Even if I manage to outplay the other player and land whatever combos I have available, it doesn't make a difference, because on a whole my damage is meaningless to them, and they can simply ignore me to win.

Without BotRK on this map, I feel like there's not even a chance for some champions against the mass stacking of HP unless the enemy team has people that can't afford to stack health and regen items. Why exactly it it absent?

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Because there's Kitae's.

Beravin

12-31-2012

To be fair, many players were forced into stacking health, what with the effectiveness of Black Cleaver and Last Whisper. Armour was effectively taken from a good 200 down to a ludicrous 70 or something ridiculous like that, and health stacking was the only way to go if you wanted to survive. Both are problems, and you can not solve one without the other.

With that said, I think Riot knows that we would like a rework/buff to Kitae's Bloodrazor. It is not effective enough at what it tries to do, since it deals too little damage and is easy enough to mitigate with a little magic resist. So we have to wait and see what Riot does with this. I've suggested that it deal the same/higher percentage but as true damage.

I have never used or even seen a Blade of the Ruined King, so I have no comments here.

Neyke

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
Because there's Kitae's.
I was going to say exactly that. But then I thought: "Kitae's only procs itself on auto attacks... Well great "

Neyke

12-31-2012

Okay, I just played ARAM as nunu, I didn't get a single resistance....

I could tank their enemy team for a whole teamfight, pretty much, and thanks to warmogs regen, I was at least 40% hp back for the next one....

Indeed we need a fix. And I only say that because nunu is my worst champion ever. No really, I have about 20% winrate with him.

Gruteng

12-31-2012

stack bloodthirster.

Insharai

12-31-2012

same way you do in 5v5; focus the carries and gang bang the tank. there are certain team comps that just wont have the damage though and in that you will loose XD

OG Commissioner

12-31-2012

I thought there was talk about bringing in bloodrazor or something more powerful than Kitae's.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

As an AD Burst caster, you need to get the most effectiveness out of your burst as possible, which mainly means going in on the squishiest enemy. Ignore the big guys if you can and if you can't get the squishies, just keep your distance if possible and poke whoever you can.

PrincessDerpy

12-31-2012

Talon and Zed have to dive past the giant Cho. Harass him if you wanna, but don't try to burst him because it obviously doesn't work.