Make the matchmaking AI have a language preference

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ludwic

10-17-2010

In our options section just add our preferred language that the matchmaking ai takes into consideration when pairing people together.

Sick of getting into games where we can't communicate because of a language barrier that leads to us getting owned.

Just pick the language majorities that we see in game and let it be a multi-selectable option so people who are bilingual can choose which ever languages they feel comfortable playing in.

If there is a large enough demand for a language considered a minority in the selection process (due to an increase of players for a given region) then you can just edit into the system.

It'll be a more viable and potentially cheaper option then making a server for each region I'd imagine.

Ludwic

10-18-2010

bump? thoughts?

Undead Fleshgod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2010

Huehuehuehuehuehue

DspartaN026

10-18-2010

I pray for this almost everytime I play LoL during the day...riot plz!
About 75% of the games I play with people that can't speak english go and do theire own thing and once they die once or twice they leave...
:/

Ludwic

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DspartaN026 View Post
I pray for this almost everytime I play LoL during the day...riot plz!
About 75% of the games I play with people that can't speak english go and do theire own thing and once they die once or twice they leave...
:/
Can be annoying since team games often require team communication to be successful.

Saylu

10-19-2010

What is stopping people who don't speak English to chose that pretty English button?

aLewares

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saylu View Post
What is stopping people who don't speak English to chose that pretty English button?
Nothing, but doing this would definitely lessen the occurrence of people who don't understand each other being paired together.

8mYzEWJRkIIM2gRT

10-19-2010

bape de buhpi?

MrsMelkor

10-19-2010

Im more concerned about the rage quitters than not being able to communicate with players that actually stay to finish the game...

usually when there is a language barrier I "ping" a lot to indicate where players should go and use the standard abreviations that everyone uses in the game..seems most people understand B, OOM, MIA, etc..regardless of what language they speak.