Need to fill out roles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gesang der Raben

12-30-2012

So I'm trying to get good with champs for each role/position, but I'm having trouble finding champs I like, and suit my playstyles. I do have a few locked down, but I'd like to have alternates that I can play at the same level.

Renekton is definitely my main. Started playing him just a couple of weeks ago, but I am seriously in love!

Others I've tried and liked: Olaf, Kayle, Poppy (like a lot, but she's frustrating to play), Shen, Singed, Teemo, Vladimir, Volibear, Warwick, Wukong.

Of the above, Wukong, Poppy, and Singed are the three I've had the most practice with (rarely get to play top). Poppy is frustrating. I can farm with her, but feel so weak early game that I don't really enjoy playing her for at least half the game.

Mid
No main here at all. I will probably play Renekton here when I can, as AD casters seem to be in vogue as mids lately, and I've seen a couple of platinum ranked games with Renekton mid, which tells me he's not a fluke.

I do play a lot more mid than top, and like Ziggs, Swain, Morgana (though I tend to get more assists than kills with her), Katarina, Lux, and Diana.

Jungle
This is the one I need the most help with, as I have no real main at all. Renekton just isn't that effective as a jungler (from what I've heard). Junglers I've played and had some success with include: Diana, Warwick (haven't tried him in the new jungle yet), Fiddlesticks, Maokai (like him quite a bit), Amumu (great unless mid wants blue. so vulnerable to lvl1 invades), Cho'Gath (like a lot, but have trouble building him effectively).

Others I'm interested in, but either haven't tried in PvP, or haven't tried at all: Shyvana, Malphite, Jarvan IV, Hecarim, Wukong.

ADC
I'm great with Caitlyn, and ok with Tristana. Didn't really like Graves the time I tried him. I prefer playing Sivir as an AD caster more than as an ADC. I've tried all of the others except Draven, and of them I like Kog'Maw and Varus most.

Support
Sona is definitely my main, and I'm really good with her, but outside of blind pick, there are no guarantees that I'd get her. I don't like playing Soraka. Taric is ok, but I only like playing him if my adc is playing a passive lane (like Kog'maw or Vayne). I like Leona, but need to be teamed with someone really aggressive, or I die a lot. Lulu is lot's of fun. Zyra and Fiddlesticks are interesting.

So anyway, I'm just hoping to get some advice on which champions might be best for me, given the ones I already like. I'd like to be good really good with at least one of each role, and pretty good with 2-3 others.

BigWiIIieStyle

12-30-2012

I like Warwick in the jungle, and have started playing support Alistair when he isn't banned.has everything I like in support, plus tankiness

Fate000

12-30-2012

Nocturne jungle wrecks if played properly (or I've seen. So far I haven't had much success). Shyvana jungle is much easier to play, and you don't need blue so your mid will love you everytime (unless your mid is Vladimir).
Mid I recommend Talon, Diana, Evelynn, and LeBlanc.

XxUnholyTitanxX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Fiddles is awesome Jungle. Have you tried him AD by any chance? If so, have you tried him AD jungle.

Gesang der Raben

12-30-2012

I have never heard of AD Fiddlesticks before. I've never really been any good at Nocturne. I will try Warwick soon

Any advice on builds?