Should there be a variation of maps in Summoner's Rift?

Yes 78 82.11%
No 6 6.32%
Don't care 5 5.26%
F*** off 6 6.32%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone else tired of the same old green Summoner's Rift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SergeantGrumbles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondimorcho View Post
Maybe a similar map. But within a city context. With alleys, a river and bridges. Instead of a jungle, some suburbs will be good. Almost the same but with a different look. That would be good.
Also if they include new maps that will be more than welcome.
Maybe a new "suvirval" game mode (human vs COM) would be great too. Some map where your have to protect your base, while it is invaded by huge hordes of minions. And instead of fighting the same champions all the time, you fight against all of them. First you fight against 5 champions, until they killed. Then they are replaced by another group of 5 different, and so on. Each wave of champions should be better geared. The game last until base is destroyed, and you earn points according to the time you were able to protect it.
Just some ideas.
Yes that's all I'm asking for, just a change of scenery. One game could be the green SR, the next one winter, the next game suburbs, etc. Just something, I mean, I have ADD and like changes.

If we're going to be playing potentially thousands of matches, the change would be nice every once in a while.

A Gay Bar

12-31-2012

Just stop making new skins for a little and make some Summoner's Rift reskins.
I'd love to see one that makes it look like it's underground or in Zuan.

SergeantGrumbles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itztlacoliuhqui View Post
Just stop making new skins for a little and make some Summoner's Rift reskins.
I'd love to see one that makes it look like it's underground or in Zuan.
I agree, they are pushing out champions and skins like crazy.

It really upset me that they released "Holiday Skins" for champions and wards, but somehow couldn't find the time to release the holiday map.

What's the point of buying Christmas skins if it's still the same old green map?

adc

Master Recruiter

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantGrumbles View Post
I agree, they are pushing out champions and skins like crazy.

It really upset me that they released "Holiday Skins" for champions and wards, but somehow couldn't find the time to release the holiday map.

What's the point of buying Christmas skins if it's still the same old green map?
They recently (Read: within the past year - I'm a fairly old player) redid the Summoner's Rift map to significantly improve framerates and to make it better.

This made the old Christmas/winter map outdated, as it would re-introduce the old problems (lower FPS + doesn't look as good). The way to fix this is to completely redo the Christmas/winter map. But Riot probably didn't want to dedicate the time and resources to this, as it would take quite a while.

Besides, some (a majority?) of players would be thrown off by it. I know, while I absolutely loved the christmas map (oh god that music <3), the first time I played on it, I was a bit put off because it wasn't familiar. Older players wouldn't have a problem, but a newer player would probably be somewhat confused if it started changing the map.

On top of that, it would take time and money to reskin the map, and wouldn't make them any money back. Why should they do that when they could release a new champion or two?

SergeantGrumbles

Recruiter

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
They recently (Read: within the past year - I'm a fairly old player) redid the Summoner's Rift map to significantly improve framerates and to make it better.

This made the old Christmas/winter map outdated, as it would re-introduce the old problems (lower FPS + doesn't look as good). The way to fix this is to completely redo the Christmas/winter map. But Riot probably didn't want to dedicate the time and resources to this, as it would take quite a while.

Besides, some (a majority?) of players would be thrown off by it. I know, while I absolutely loved the christmas map (oh god that music <3), the first time I played on it, I was a bit put off because it wasn't familiar. Older players wouldn't have a problem, but a newer player would probably be somewhat confused if it started changing the map.

On top of that, it would take time and money to reskin the map, and wouldn't make them any money back. Why should they do that when they could release a new champion or two?
I understand and agree with what you're saying to an extent, but I really don't think anyone would be thrown off by it. I'm not talking about making completely different maps, it would still be the same Red buff, Blue buff, Dragon, and Baron, just re-skins.

I'm also not talking about removing the current Summoner's Rift map, I'm just asking for a variety of maps in the rotation along with the current.

It would be a lot easier on the eyes. Personally, I would play a lot more if there was a change in what I'm looking at. It's sorta like watching the same episode of a certain T.V. show 1,000 times. It gets dull.

As for taking time and money:
Sure, it would take time and money, but any good company knows that they need to spend money to make money. I'm sure I can't be the only one who feels like the greenness of Summoner's Rift is just becoming too dull to continue playing. I'm also sure some people have left the game after hundreds or thousands of games solely because they are tired of looking at the same screen for hours a day. This would bring those old players back.

The items and champions are nice, but there are a ton of champions already, with only one map per game mode. It just doesn't seem like that big of a task for a company as big as Riot to perform. If the developers play their own game, there has to be a possibility that some of them feel the same as I and many others do.

I know they changed the 3's map not too long ago, but they completely changed it. Now the old map is no longer in the rotation, it's things like this that I don't understand since I used to play a lot of 3's. I was happy to have the new map, but again, it got old because they completely removed the old one. In my opinion they should have left the old one along with the new one.

gansita

01-01-2013

im still addicted to it.

Valley Girl Swag

01-01-2013

Maybe someone could choose from a list of map skins to buy for 1 game use or 10games, daily use, make it like an IP boost or RP boost sort of thing, that way Riot feels they will still be making money (which they will) because people can buy the map or something idk

pacolocoXD

01-02-2013

bump, also....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondimorcho View Post
Maybe a similar map. But within a city context. With alleys, a river and bridges. Instead of a jungle, some suburbs will be good. Almost the same but with a different look. That would be good.
Also if they include new maps that will be more than welcome.
Maybe a new "suvirval" game mode (human vs COM) would be great too. Some map where your have to protect your base, while it is invaded by huge hordes of minions. And instead of fighting the same champions all the time, you fight against all of them. First you fight against 5 champions, until they killed. Then they are replaced by another group of 5 different, and so on. Each wave of champions should be better geared. The game last until base is destroyed, and you earn points according to the time you were able to protect it.
Just some ideas.
riot plz

SergeantGrumbles

Recruiter

03-16-2013

Bump