Difference in summoner levels in normal games seems significant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gdgfgf

12-30-2012

is this normal? I just got flash one game ago today (lvl 12), but i've been playing in games where everyone has had flash for awhile now. I just had to play against a lvl 20 fizz as a fresh lvl 12. I've also end up on teams with lvl 5's and 2's sometimes.

Is there some algorithm to queue people together that are similar in lvl? I can't imagine with the amount of people that play this game that it's hard?

It just seems a bit unfair to throw a lvl 2 against a lvl 20. This lvl 2 ashe was like 1/10

ifeelsmited

12-30-2012

I'm in the same boat as you being lvl 12 against lvl 20's is a big difference and it seems very random. I wouldnt mind because I enjoy the challenge just that sometimes my whole team is composed of 10-13 and they have 2 lvl 20's not sure if its because it was a premade or not.

Nesious

12-30-2012

Sometimes Premades, but most of the reason is because of the fact that the system doesn't take level into account as much at pre level 30. So basically a level 10 winning many games will be faced with harder enemies, and if the enemies prove too hard, then you are sent lower to face enemies of an in between skill level.

Vrykonik

12-30-2012

Just remember there are 2 problems at being low lvl... one is runes/summoner skills... The other is inexperience. You'll get better and the former will be less important as you start to collect them as well.

gdgfgf

12-30-2012

Well I have a lvl 30, this is on my smurf that I notice this. The lvl 20 fizz owned me on my main at lvl 12. haha. agreed though, good practice

Snarglefargen

12-30-2012

there is a normal elo system in place. It is also known as hidden elo because Riot doesn't reveal anyones normal elo statistics. Essentially because you are playing on a smurf account and most likely wrecked all the poor little noobs you have inflated your hidden elo until the game decided to put you up against much more skilled players.