Hello, fellow ARAM lovers, let's think of a way to exclude dodgers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kohana Sushi

01-05-2013

I love ARAM! I hate when people dodge, unless I have Udyr (haha). Even then, I feel bad for those who got the champ they want. In the past, I made an ARAM dodger blacklist tool so users could make their own personal blacklist (message me in game if you would like the executable or source code), but some of the community was unsatisfied that there was no global blacklist for everyone to see.

I was thinking about hosting a webpage that lists a global blacklist.

Does anyone know if this would be against Riot's ToS? I know it's against the rules to call people out in the forums, but what if names were displayed on another site?

Another idea is to create a smaller league or something like that in which we all play together and therefore the game would only be full of (more) honorable players.

Any other ideas on excluding dodgers?

Zielmann

01-05-2013

Matchmade queue, assuming it comes with everything a normal queue does. Including dodge penalties, leaver/afk detection, higher IP gain with no daily limit, first win of the day can apply, etc.

Every other temporary fix people might come up with will be a moot point when matchmaking is put in.

Kohana Sushi

01-05-2013

Too bad we're not developers at Riot.

I was thinking more along the lines of something that the community can do themselves.

Ćnnie

01-05-2013

I say we set up a third party forum and make a list (third part because of the summoners code where you agree not to call people out on the forums)

Make a thread here about some Alliance of ARAM Players, and start our own forum where we will be allowed to exclude toxic players

Edit: posted on my wifes smurf

Zielmann

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohana Sushi View Post
Too bad we're not developers at Riot.

I was thinking more along the lines of something that the community can do themselves.
All the signs point to a matchmade queue being on the way for ARAM. Between, the very large thread asking for it in GD some months back, the recent comment on the EU forums that indirectly implies that it's on the way, and the fact that they put this section of the forums here in general, there are a lot of little things that make me pretty confident that it's coming.

At this point, I don't think a community-led effort to do something like this is really necessary, when it seems like the actual best solution is on the way.

Kohana Sushi

01-05-2013

That would be beautiful