New Ranked Mode Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The 1011

12-30-2012

I think the problem in ranked solo queue isn't in the people playing its how its set up

So I propose a solution lets create a new mode of ranked.

Called Captains 2 captains are selected to choose certain bans, and create the team by picking the people by what they play.
The Process of picking champions in the queue lobby would be the same on team captain picks other team captain picks.
So Basically the Team physics, team fights, and outcome will be more on the captain.

Now in this lobby each person in the lobby will have a profile with 2 champions for each position, top, mid, jungle, support bot, adc/apc bot. also on top of that a person can have a Main position of their choosing witch has 4 champions of their choosing and maybe a none preference(I don't like to Do this).

Basically it would have have the basis that people wont just do a different role despite the captain choosing the lane and role.

Also a Mulligan a day would be nice for Disconnects and just a really bad start.

Any thoughts on this idea?

Voyles

12-30-2012

Captain Troll!?

The 1011

12-30-2012

well I guess hypothetically the captain could troll their team and pick a bad team composition

Voyles

12-30-2012

The once a day mulligan (no ELO loss) for Ranked does sound like an interesting idea though.

Insharai

12-30-2012

I'm not sure how much this would fix the problem xD you just have one person with more power to troll. It is an interesting idea though, maybe associate some sort of elo to the captain or choose the captain based on elo. Once your in game, however, people are free to dc/afk as they please. =S

Zmorax

12-30-2012

one a day freebie would be terible u would hve some complete newbs very high because people would abuse it and simply play until 1 loss then wait till next day, artificially raising there elo to any level since they could theretically never lose any.

LogicalTautology

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
The once a day mulligan (no ELO loss) for Ranked does sound like an interesting idea though.
Sure. But it also means that one of your wins every day gives you no Elo.