Leavers in 3/4 of games or so...Resolution idea?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrankTheStud

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Hey Riot, I'm not one to really complain too much, but I've absolutely HAD IT with some of these players in ranked solo/duo que. There is absolutely NO WAY to tell who a leaver is, or when they will leave, but it's single-handedly thrown my win ratio negative and my elo from 1260 to about 1k. I know I'm not the best player, but I would just like a fair chance to win when I play this game. I think that if a team has a leaver, the entire team shouldn't lose elo for losing their game, it's just not fair.
Here's my suggestion:
If there is a leaver on someone's team, the elo taken from the lost game is all from the leaver. (50 points or so). Why make an entire team suffer because of a troll? It's almost impossible to rank up because of it. 3/4 games I enter now have a leaver or an AFKer. (Probably the raging kids on Christmas break). Please look into this issue and do your best to fix it. It's one thing to waste 20-50 minutes of time in a spiral of winning-to-losing, but then the sting of losing elo (from 8 to 18) makes it all the more infuriating.
Getting outplayed and/or having feeders is not what this thread is about. If you lose a game by getting outplayed, then it's a good chance to learn something and become a better player. However, this thread is strictly about addressing the leavers who (un)intentionally throw games unfairly by abandoning their team.

tldr ; Read the "Here's my suggestion" part.

Thank you for your time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voyles

Senior Member

12-30-2012

I think there may be server issues. I see a lot of people connecting and disconnecting and complaining of lag.

Since you are not the leaver, there's a 56% (5 out of 9) of the leaver being on the other team compared to 44% (4 out of 9) of it being on your team. Either way, it's not fun to play when teams are unbalanced, no matter what side you are on. I just wouldn't complain about ELO because you have the 56% chance that you should gain not lose ELO if you aren't a leaver.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skilltestingman

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
I think there may be server issues. I see a lot of people connecting and disconnecting and complaining of lag.

Since you are not the leaver, there's a 56% (5 out of 9) of the leaver being on the other team compared to 44% (4 out of 9) of it being on your team. Either way, it's not fun to play when teams are unbalanced, no matter what side you are on. I just wouldn't complain about ELO because you have the 56% chance that you should gain not lose ELO if you aren't a leaver.
It's still not theoretically impossible to have more leavers on your team then the other team


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerk9003

Senior Member

12-30-2012

You are negative kd in almost every ranked game and when you go positive its barely positive. Don't blame the leavers for your bad elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrankTheStud

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk9003 View Post
You are negative kd in almost every ranked game and when you go positive its barely positive. Don't blame the leavers for your bad elo.
You do realize that my most played champs are Taric and Nunu, right? And a lot of the reason for negative KD is the fact of disconnect/leaving players, right?
Edit: Or did you miss my 22/2 Darius hypercarry cuz we had a leaver?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheStud View Post
Hey Riot, I'm not one to really complain too much, but I've absolutely HAD IT with some of these players in ranked solo/duo que. There is absolutely NO WAY to tell who a leaver is, or when they will leave, but it's single-handedly thrown my win ratio negative and my elo from 1260 to about 1k. I know I'm not the best player, but I would just like a fair chance to win when I play this game. I think that if a team has a leaver, the entire team shouldn't lose elo for losing their game, it's just not fair.
Here's my suggestion:
If there is a leaver on someone's team, the elo taken from the lost game is all from the leaver. (50 points or so). Why make an entire team suffer because of a troll? It's almost impossible to rank up because of it. 3/4 games I enter now have a leaver or an AFKer. (Probably the raging kids on Christmas break). Please look into this issue and do your best to fix it. It's one thing to waste 20-50 minutes of time in a spiral of winning-to-losing, but then the sting of losing elo (from 8 to 18) makes it all the more infuriating.
Getting outplayed and/or having feeders is not what this thread is about. If you lose a game by getting outplayed, then it's a good chance to learn something and become a better player. However, this thread is strictly about addressing the leavers who (un)intentionally throw games unfairly by abandoning their team.

tldr ; Read the "Here's my suggestion" part.

Thank you for your time.
Problem 1) "Hey noob Taric you fed this Graves gg. Just leave you ****ing noob u should lose Elo not us"
Problem 2) Learn maths. Other team will ALWAYS have more leavers than you. Unless you are making people leave due to being unbearable to play with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fate000

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
"Hey noob Taric you fed this Graves gg. Just leave you ****ing noob u should lose Elo not us"
This will most likely be tribunalreportable and an easy punish for me!

Anyhow, good idea.