Will of the Ancients: Why buy it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zack1996

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Will of the Ancients. I probably should on my AP aura platform champs honestly, but meh.
This is a comment made by a Riot Employee (Brackhar). TBH, I kinda have to agree. The only thing that Will of the Ancients bring to the champion is a 30 AP 15% SV aura.

You may say "Hey, that's pretty sweet. 30 AP and 15% SV is cool ".
Yeah, but I can get Abyssal Scepter and give my team more damage and give myself more survivability than Will of the Ancients could ever give.
Let's face it, its not really worth it. As it stands, Spell Vamp is possibly the weakest stat in the game. Its only 33% as effective for AoE spells, which effectively results in a mere 5% spell vamp when you blast faces.

In addition, it costs 2400 gold. For a mere 250 more gold, I can get Abyssal Scepter, which gives some MR reduction for your team and gives you some pretty good survivalbility against spells. You can get Deathfire's for a similar cost, and so many other helpful AP items (eg. Void Staff). There is almost no reason to get WotA since its only unique stat is Spell Vamp, which is pretty horrible.

So, why am I ranting like mad? Because I have a suggestion for WotA. You guys may or may not like it, but it involes a simple change in the ingredient items.

Current WotA: [2400 Gold]
Quote:
+40 Ability Power
UNIQUE Aura: Gives nearby allied champions +30 Ability Power and 15% spell vamp.
Suggestion A: [3450 Gold]
Quote:
Hextech Revolver + Haunting Guise =
Will of the Ancients
+200 health
+50 AP
-UNIQUE Passive Aura:
+20 AP
+15% Spell Vamp
+20 Magic Penetration
Suggestion B: [3450 Gold]
Quote:
Hextech Revolver + Haunting Guise =
Will of the Ancients
+200 health
+40 AP
+10 Magic Penetration
-UNIQUE Passive Aura:
+30 AP
+15% Spell Vamp
+10 Magic Penetration
The cost may need to be modified, but I do believe that this would make Will of the Ancients more useful.
Any suggestions for the cost of combination is welcomed.

TL,DR: Will of the Ancients: Hextech Revolver + Haunting Guise.

Klaphat

10-11-2010

this will also make haunting guise a useful item again i like your way of thinking

Krathalos

10-11-2010

I like it, but it'd probably have to be pretty expensive. I'd say the 20 Magic Pen should just be a unique passive for yourself instead of in an aura.

Knyaz

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krathalos View Post
I like it, but it'd probably have to be pretty expensive. I'd say the 20 Magic Pen should just be a unique passive for yourself instead of in an aura.
This imo

Voidgolem

10-11-2010

I include it in my Trollgot builds when I'm feeling ornery and bored.

Zack1996

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krathalos View Post
Hmm...
How about 10 Magic Pen Aura and 10 Magic Pen for self?

Krathalos

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack1996 View Post
Hmm...
How about 10 Magic Pen Aura and 10 Magic Pen for self?
Magic Pen aura would make it really expensive since penetration is pretty rare on items. Not just that, but it gives 70 AP and HP. It'd have to be either just for yourself, or have the AP amount that it gives you lowered to accommodate. As it stands, it'd have to be either really expensive or OP. >.>

HGT Lancelen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

Hello supporter item?
I always get this when playing sona...

Voidgolem

10-11-2010

I wouldn't suggest it on a team where you're the only caster

Duck King

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaphat View Post
this will also make haunting guise a useful item again i like your way of thinking
Haunting Guise still is useful on anyone with good bases and average or sub-par scaling.