About to give up on SOLO Q

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aFukkahUwhale

01-05-2013

Literally, you can't 1v5.
Nothing but trolls.
Baddies all day.
I mean seriously Riot? I started this season off at 1.3 K.
Now I am barely above 1 K. Nothing I can do in the games. I have been consistent in all of the games scoring pretty nicely all things considered. There's nothing I can do against all 5 of the people on the other team. Solo Q is broken. Not even worth it anymore.
It really is sad.

Destaice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Part of winning is willing to accept that you yourself are also making mistakes and that you should learn from these mistakes to better yourself.

Nothing is going to get better if you only point out the mistakes of others and rage at teammates.

http://www.youtube.com/user/gbay99/featured

Check out this guy's youtube channel. He has amazing videos which can help you improve yourself at the game.

Mid Is A Feeder

01-05-2013

#yolo que

Destaice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon97 View Post
#yolo que
I loled.

TauManifesto

01-05-2013

Your score is good? I wasn't aware that I was still playing Counter-Strike where a kill to death ratio mattered. I guess League of Blac- I mean Legends is gone forever where only the K-D matters.

However if you have trouble winning try playing on Summoner's Rift where you should understand teamwork is important and not everyone shares the same brain and have the same plans. Stop playing Team Deathmatch where only how many kills you get matter and focus on playing a game where you destroy the Nexus.

aFukkahUwhale

01-05-2013

I know its not TD. I can't win a game even when doing good teamwork. I tend to always try and fill roles no matter what. Still to no avail.

Kala877

01-05-2013

I've been stuck at 1300-1400 for months, because of me raging to teammates and trolls.
If you went below 1300 you just belong there, you cant improve till you admit it.

Suckmatits

01-05-2013

Pfffffffft, 1v5? *Cough kat, jax,vayne* Cough*. Dude seriously....Own your lane with kat, ROAM and enjoy the free elo when teamfights start and u get pentas as no-one can stop your ult.

ItemsGuy

01-05-2013

Find four friends, discover that there is happiness in life.

TauManifesto

01-05-2013

Okay then. Let me rant about ELO hell...

ELO Hell should not exist for several reasons.
1. Everyone's perception of ELO hell's range is different and constantly will change.
People are greedy and always think that they are better than everyone else around them and think they belong higher. Say that a person says they are in ELO hell by being in 800-1000 range. Once they are there they see one mistake and call his/her new range of ELO i.e. 1000-1100 ELO hell and think they could do better. It's a vicious cycle of human greed. You have to admit that if you are in an ELO you probably belong there. People always think that they are better than they actually are and that is a huge factor in a person's perception of ELO hell.

2. Too many people complain about it to possibly exist
A giant portion of the community complain about being in ELO hell and constantly stuck with 4 noobs. 4/10 means 40% of that ELO's players don't belong there and should drop out of that range very quickly since they are feeder noobs according to the poor player stuck with 4 feeder/trolls. This means that 60% of that ELO range don't belong there, the "victim" of ELO hell and the winners. However if everyone is complaining about having feeders on their teams wouldn't that mean at least a good portion of the people complaining about ELO hell are also at fault for causing others to be stuck there?

3. People think too highly of themselves
As soon as a player in "ELO hell" see a mistake another player make, he/she automatically assume that his teammate's suck. For instance let's say that mid lane dies in a 1v1. The victim will think that this mid laner sucks and is a feeder. What stops the mid laner being just out played? Not sucking but being out played by the opponent. Completely different. Also for those saying that they always win their lane by going 5-0 but their team feed, what stops your opponent from being a feeder? People complain about having feeders all the time and say its bad luck when they win their lanes. It could be that those certain people are lucky to be always facing a feeder like the rest of their team is. It's all about perspective and how you view things. Try to view them so that you're not the victim and see others in a positive light. When your lanes fail, assume the opponents are just better and are climbing out your ELO or that said player is having an off day, everyone gets those. When you beat your opponent be proud of it but don't think it's because you don't belong in that ELO it could be that your opponent' doesn't.

4.People have egos
People misunderstand ELO as a skill level when all it is, is a rating system. It was created for chess to rate players since the old system was poorly done. ELO has since then been refitted for team things like baseball or other sports. Don't give me that bull**** where Riot has it wrong since the team formula was done by scientists and unless you are better than said scientists, this system works. People see ELO as a number that shows how good they are to the community when it really doesn't matter. Let's take Chaox who ranked 1 and 2. If he created another smurf and was in 1100 ELO again would that mean he's a bad player who belong in 1100 ELO? No. ELO shouldn't define your skill level nor should you care about it being higher than anyone else's. Don't let your ELO be your EGO.
However to counter my own argument if you want gold ELO for the skin I completely understand, (That Janna skin is sooo nice >.<)

5. People are not better than they think they are
I mentioned it but it deserves its own section. This ties in with don't let ELO be EGO but this will leave a suggestion that I want somebody to take. I want people with smurfs or accounts in gold/plat ELO where they escaped "ELO hell" and give info to people who claim to be stuck in ELO hell. Let them play ranked matches in where they think they belong. Most likely they will fail or get carried by the team or lose the team because most likely people who think they belong in gold elo and spend time just to complain about it really don't belong in gold elo. I just want people to help prove that.