Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trouble with lee sin jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SexyDango

Recruiter

12-30-2012

I've been trying to get good with lee sin but I always end up with negative Kdr. I need help with lee sin bad.

Rillain

12-30-2012

Okay well 1st thing is you need a route. If you're ending up with negative KDR then I'm guessing you're starting red and failing your level 2 gank.

A stable route would be Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths -> Red -> Golems -> Wraiths, then gank at level 4 or possibly earlier if your team mate is getting chased. Start machete and 5 pots and with the right runes/masteries set up you should be able to gank mid or top/bot depending what side you're on with full hp.

With Lee I can't really say a standard build order because you should always be building depending on the enemy team comp but Wriggles is a must when you jungle him. Always have 2+ wards in your inventory (including wriggles) for ward jumping. The boots you'll most commonly use is merc treads with alacrity and rarely ninja tabi if the other team is ad heavy. With the current meta I've pretty much been building up maw of malmortius for the damage and mr. For tankiness, building up from a phage is usually enough with Guardian Angel since your mobility is your defense. Of course you'll have to build Mercutial Scimitar every once in awhile vs enemy Malzahar or Amumu. Against a strong AD team I would suggest building Randuin's Omen rather than Thornmail but that's situational too. Sometimes when you end up hyper carrying, Blood Thirster is really great but personally I tend to build more on the utility side to stay alive for my team.

For gameplay, there's a lot of things you have to remember with Lee. The most common thing I notice with the bad ones is that they don't use his passive. ALWAYS use his passive for faster clears. Use your ultimate to knock up all enemies in a team fight or to kick a stray enemy to your team (with your ward jumping in front of the enemy combo). There are times when you'll have to last hit an enemy kill with your ult and I leave that up to you to figure out when. Just don't do it when your team obviously has the kill in the bag. Oh and try to clear your jungle before you gank.

Oh and I forgot to add, skill sequence is e-w-q then from there r>q>w>e.

Good luck!

Matsumori

12-30-2012

When I jungle with Lee I lvl up "W" 1st. the shield prevent takign dmg in jungle, give you greater lifesteal and is a solid escape or chase maneuver if you have allies or creeps to jet to.
Always use your passive, its the entire key to playing lee sin.
Lee is a very strong ganker, as long as you can hit the sonic strike
Early game, dominate the map ensuring that your team wins the laning phase, as soon as you get around 6 or 7 focus on farming hard, because your dmg output wont increase much as you begin focusing on defensive items. In late game should have some decent dmg, and a whole lot of survivability, focus on protecting your squishes and locking down their squishies.
Lee's best strength is his ability to position himself and others. all of his moves are based on moving him or his enemy, so keep this in mind as you play. One last thing is practice with his ult. I almost always take flash with lee as it helps get you out of the fray if your W is on cooldown and provides that extra mobility when your escaping thru the jungle and dont have allies or creeps to rely on.

SexyDango

Recruiter

12-30-2012

Ok thanks for the advice.

SexyDango

Recruiter

12-31-2012

Another thing, since I know lee sin is also about ward jumping, should I buy actual wards or say for ex, get a sight stone?

LogicalTautology

12-31-2012

Quote:
SexyDango:
Another thing, since I know lee sin is also about ward jumping, should I buy actual wards or say for ex, get a sight stone?

Especially in SoloQ, I think Sightstone is very strong on him. Gives you 4-5 wardjumps after each trip to fountain, and gives you more utility to the team, since most teams don't ward nearly enough anyways.