What Makes a Jungler a Jungler to Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

henchdog

12-30-2012

Actually I find jungle pretty easy on more champs now and sejuanni is so good she has become my season 3 main

Heres a thing to try if you are struggling - spec into utility tree, take extra gold, biscuit and ward.

Then run teleport, and you will start with enough gold to buy machete and flask (525g)

Then burn all your flasks pots and biscuit getting first 3 spawns points in jungle, drop your ward, go back buy some armor or boots and refill your flask, tp back to your ward and you are ready for an early gank on full health - this is amazing successful on sejuanni, but please dont tell everyone :P

Kyrrion

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
As to the jungle specifically, Garen's recent mini re-work made it an explicit goal to give him jungle viability.
It still seems that jungling Garen isn't the best idea, just curious if you can comment whether you'll keep an eye on that to possible make it more viable in the future.

Soulmy

12-30-2012

not top tier top = jungle?

Burizar

12-30-2012

I don't really see how Amumu, Warwick, Shaco, Skarner, etc are effective in lane

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-30-2012

Quote:
In Darius' case, I regret including an attack speed slow on Crippling Strike and making Hemorhage damage type magic.

Why don't u get rid of these things then? Especially the atk speed slow. You could consume the dot stats when you ult the person too. I mean there's plenty you could do to change him a little and make not so incredibly hard to lane against as melee. Nor can u build against him, free armorpen% & magic damage bleed & true damage scaling ad ult.

NEOtheONE

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalgolem View Post
And the closest thing to that was Diana and she is really only used in mid lane now.
I only play Diana Jungle, so no not true.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

12-30-2012
16 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLTanG View Post
Why don't u get rid of these things then? Especially the atk speed slow. You could consume the dot stats when you ult the person too. I mean there's plenty you could do to change him a little and make not so incredibly hard to lane against as melee. Nor can u build against him, free armorpen% & magic damage bleed & true damage scaling ad ult.
I will get rid of them. It takes time to test changes and to assess what needs to be done to compensate for them. They also weren't possible prior to Season 3 when armor was ridiculously undercosted relative to its power.

It's worth noting that we have a lot of lane bullies, of which Darius is only one. If you straight nerf Darius, then people who want the lane bully experience will just play Garen or Renekton, champions that *actually* counters all other melee champions (Darius does not... a lot of melee champions have decent matchups against him).

Soulmy

12-30-2012

Quote:
I will get rid of them. It takes time to test changes and to assess what needs to be done to compensate for them. They also weren't possible prior to Season 3 when armor was ridiculously undercosted relative to its power.

It's worth noting that we have a lot of lane bullies, of which Darius is only one. If you straight nerf Darius, then people who want the lane bully experience will just play Garen or Renekton, champions that *actually* counters all other melee champions (Darius does not... a lot of melee champions have decent matchups against him).
Right after you help melee ad carries to actually become a role right? RIGHT?

CragBlade

12-30-2012

Quote:

If you nerf Renekton, I will personally murder you. Renekton falls off late game because of his immense early game power. They have tradeoffs. Heck, Darius has a meaningful and interesting passive, which Renekton doesn't. Darius is a massive lane bully and then becomes a massive team fight bully. I don't see the balance in that.

Endertome

12-30-2012

I am sad to see such a good and thoughtful discussion with a Rioter about the jungle turn into Darius QQ.

Let's get back on topic, everyone.