What Makes a Jungler a Jungler to Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rigglethor

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanra View Post
Well when I tried it with Nautilus I couldn't even kill the blue buff at level 2, so clearly I must be doing something horribly wrong.
yes, you are. Alot of junglers want to start blue level one now aswell.

Vanra

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigglethor View Post
yes, you are. Alot of junglers want to start blue level one now aswell.
Tried that too and died. I figured I'd have a better shot at level 2, but nope.

THE LOVE TONIGHT

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
And yet both are completely viable in lane. The OP seems to be suggesting that a champion "for the jungle" is one that cannot be played effectively outside of the jungle.
I really don't think Nocturne is viable in lane. His mana costs are off the charts

LogiB

12-30-2012

What about Nami? She was basically made for support. Her AP ratios are horrendous the only skill that hits minions is her STUN and her ULT

mambawarrior0

12-30-2012

Quote:
Well when I tried it with Nautilus I couldn't even kill the blue buff at level 2, so clearly I must be doing something horribly wrong.
You are.

Metalgolem

12-30-2012

Quote:
Naut is definatly one of the better junglers. And if you want, when I get home from work I can add you and tell you how to use him correctly since you obviously need help :P

Zerglinator

12-30-2012

Quote:
Items? Runes? Masteries? First skill?

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Quote:
Add me if you want. I would be glad to give some jungle strategies.

ItemsGuy

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I have. They are very good.
They have the tools for the job--and certainly have an easier time in the jungle than in-lane. They are both very strong gankers, can clear like the best of them, and don't need top-lane or carry-level farm to get the job done.

Amumu falls into the same spot. There is very little reason to play him outside of the jungle, because he's built so well for it and can get shut down very hard in-lane (and generally has less to offer there). Jungle is a kind of utility that you can't quite get from a support in-lane--it's map control, an invisible hand that can help each lane as much as it needs to (whether that means ganking, sharing buffs, or allowing your teammates to take creeps while you're away).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogiB View Post
What about Nami? She was basically made for support. Her AP ratios are horrendous the only skill that hits minions is her STUN and her ULT
That's not a problem. If I recall, the intention with her design was to fix all of the problems that Morello in particular found within the "support" role--a champion designed around a specific role (which is why she doesn't really have any thematic unity to speak of and mostly boils down to "a collection of things a support can do"), which is why her kit/ratios don't diverge to make, say, jungling or going AP mid a better option. She has more to give to her team as a support (due to her variety of non-scaling factors like CC and buffs), and is out-classed by actual mages in every way a mage would be considered valuable (strong scaling, respectable damage output, etc) and excelling in ways that aren't relevant to mages (like how Caitlyn can zone better than arguably every other carry, but doesn't have carry-level item scaling/damage output--sacrificing proficiency at her job for support utility she doesn't need because actual supports are already a thing).

Teemo Support GG

12-30-2012

Quote:
Silly goose you are suppose to get your team to kill it for you, then go gank lane after lane, get your xp from the lanes, THEN go do the rest of the jungle!

That seems to be their intention for jungling atm unless you pick one of a few specific junglers that can survive the new jungle.