ban teemo on TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

01-03-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Nome I LOVE YOU

**** YOU TEEMO
Yep, Lightbringer will hard-counter Shroom-trapping next patch. I still think he'll be very strong though, if played well.

Lessis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Yep, Lightbringer will hard-counter Shroom-trapping next patch. I still think he'll be very strong though, if played well.
y can we not limit the number of shrooms as well makes no sense the number he can put down

Pilige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
That doesnt help with clearing them if you dont have range. Melees cant destroy them without setting them off.

Nicksiren

01-03-2013

Quote:
Nome, Lightbringer is only for AD champs. What about non-AD champs who want to counter Teemo? What about team comps that run a support or tank with no bruiser that would technically benefit from Lightbringer?

Why not give items to other roles than just the bruisers?

SaltyKracka

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksiren View Post
Nome, Lightbringer is only for AD champs. What about non-AD champs who want to counter Teemo? What about team comps that run a support or tank with no bruiser that would technically benefit from Lightbringer?

Why not give items to other roles than just the bruisers?
If you have an AD champ on team and you're going against Teemo, have him build Lightbringer and be the Teemo counter. If you have no champs who like AD in a TT match, you're probably losing anyways. It's pretty simple

HaIfhearted

01-03-2013

I believe Nome is considering the trap reveal passive for Hextech Sweeper as well.

Fellow mages, rejoice!

Toadi

01-03-2013

Get cleanse or QSS? People underestimate QSS, its a really good counter to teemo ~_~

exe3

01-03-2013

The lightbringer change is very bad imo. I'm sure Xypherous has spoken at length why a mandatory must buy champion specific hard counter item is always bad.

Honestly you just need to make an exception to map specific character balance. Teemo's only problem is the sheer density of his shrooms, increasing the cooldown and/or decreasing the duration of shrooms is all that's needed. Do that and he keeps his ultimate without it being such a problem, it'd just drop down into the 'annoying' category that it is in SR.

With the new lightbringer you're essentially removing Teemo's ultimate from the game which is NOT the solution. Not do mention lightbringer is just an all round bad item so you're telling ADC's they have to gimp their build in order to remove a champ from the match while AP, tank etc are still left with nothing. Think about it, you're buying an item with armor to counter an ultimate that does magic damage, nothing about it makes any sense.

KibaWolf04

01-03-2013

Dumb post. Everytime there is a Teemo on the other team, I just oracle extract once he gets his Black Torch and dominate him.

Onioncart

01-03-2013

Glad to hear the news on the Lightbringer. I assume melee champs can dispatch of the shrooms without triggering them. And if the new passive with hextec sweeper comes true, than even the mages will be able to counter them.
Yay!