Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ban teemo on TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerdsinc

01-01-2013

Quote:
Ânders:
Words of Wisdom

Exactly what I do, except the AP oriented guy on our team builds Hextech Sweeper :3

On an unrelated note, Ânders, do you know a guy called Answerinc?

BrofessorF

01-01-2013

Quote:
Ânders:
Teemo is an easily beatable opponent if you run with a competent team and have the know how of what needs to happen to bring him down;

Run 2 Bruisers with Grez's Spectral Lantern, one of which builds tanky and picks-up an Oracle's. - Shrooms should no longer be an issue. (Probably something like a tank Xin, Wukong, or J4 going Boots cloth 5pot > Grez > Phage > 2 Speeds > Giant's Belt > Oracle > FroMal)

Run Tenacity in Defense tree on both your AD bruisers in order to mitigate Blind time. And, ensure that your team's skill set has enough effective gap closers to hone in on, and global (Kill in the time of one "Global Cooldown" [the minimum time it takes a player in between skill use; caused by game calculation and inperfect human reflexes; I.E; You send 3 people in on the Teemo, he uses one skill, you all use 1 skill, and he is dead already.]) the Teemo before he can Shroom the zone in which the fight is actually taking place.

Have your jungler gank early and put him behind pre-6, and ensure that you take him out as many times as possible in the first 14-18 minutes of the game. Once he has Witchcap, the whole landscape of the match changes, your gap closers lose most of their efficacy, and the balance of net game presence tilts in Teemo's favour. So, before he secures that item (a presumed second item post-BFT), you need to have at least 1-2 turrets down and strong map control of the opposing jungle to lock out Shroom accumulation.

In synopsis; Teemo isn't worthy of a ban, you just need to know how to fight him.

you act as though these people are playing ranked games or are in an organized team

Filthy Meadows

01-01-2013

what about using morgana's spellshield to clear out spots of mushrooms at a time?

it's not THAT hard to counter him, it's annoying yes, but not gamebreaking

Henry Plainview

01-01-2013

Quote:
Danielhead:
grez's spectral lantern/ hextech sweeper. both are broken items. use the active to scan for shrooms.

Which you can do once every minute, in a small area, and you may not even get a shroom.
Quote:
Fants E Pants:
Oracles elixer....

Is expensive and you probably will step on one anyway, especially if you ever want to go in a bush.

I don't understand why people are defending the filthy rodent. If the only way you can stop him from completely ruining the game is to relentlessly gank him so he is entirely shut out HE IS BROKEN. And don't make me laugh by suggesting I get a competent team in solo queue...

orakio

01-02-2013

The other big thing is to run champs that aren't dependant on auto-attacks. Khazix just stomps on teemo as he can outpoke him and then burst really hard even while blinded still.

Also, don't try to engage in jungle without sweeper/grez's and an oracles to clear shrooms.

SaintHax

01-02-2013

Quote:
Henry Plainview:
(re: GSL and hextech sweeper) Which you can do once every minute, in a small area, and you may not even get a shroom.

(re: Oracle's elixer)Is expensive and you probably will step on one anyway, especially if you ever want to go in a bush.

Both are great items-- as a Teemo player, if I'm vs. another Teemo, I got Oracle's around level 8 and clear the jungle as I plant. As any other class, I get the GSL or Sweeper.

Yes, both of the latter items have a 60s cd, and Teemo gets a shroom every 30-20 seconds, but you only face 1 Teemo and can have 3 GSL/Sweepers: OMG, that does require teamwork, and I do realize that your teammates can be stupid and not realize that these items are a value in addition to the active ability; however, that is a player problem, not a Teemo problem.

Furthermore, the area of effect is NOT small. You only need to sweep key locations, and many Teemo players are also stupid and will wander out of lane and return quickly-- telling you "I placed a shroom up there guys!".

tl;dnr - TT has PLENTY of tools to counter Teemo currently. The issue is teamwork and players "getting it".

Henry Plainview

01-03-2013

Nome I LOVE YOU (http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01/12-pbe-update.html#more)

**** YOU TEEMO

Chocolate Mama

01-03-2013

I ban teemo in threes.
Unless I get first pick. Then I try to pick him, then my friends play protect the teemo.

Psheman

01-03-2013

shrooms : free wards in 3v3 and slow effect. gj riot

Hoisengerd

01-03-2013

the lantern and sweeper suck, waste of item slots, banshees turn out to be a far better investment, and if i don't wanna get even that, i just ignore the middle of the map and any bushes entirely
the only reason to ever get these items is if they have chars that rely on stealth (Akali, Rengar, Shaco etc)

Teemo would't be a problem if his shrooms didn't do a bajillion damage, the nerfs weren't enough Riot.
he's basically a remote distance Rengar, 2 shrooms and you are half health, and that's on a bruiser, an adc or raged mage would be near death