ban teemo on TT

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SLayerOfNOOB

12-30-2012

like the title says.

His ult isnt designed for TT. The map is so small, meaning AP temmo he can control the entire game with his shrooms.

I just finished a game with teemo on both sides. It went for 54 minutes. Teemo games are very long and very boring. No one can do anything because of shrooms everywhere.

No one else can ward the map apart from teemo (boxes dont last anywhere near as long), and vision elixir has such a small sight range that you have to be super careful to clear shrooms even with it on. Or you see a shroom, right click it but set it off and take damage anyways (happened to me once just then).

If you don't ban teemo, at least make the elixir have a much longer vision range. Or make spectral lantern build into a late game item with the same active.

Sarah J Parker

12-30-2012

Counter him...build magic resist...or...use an ap youself as his q cant blind spells simple!

SLayerOfNOOB

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboi147 View Post
Counter him...build magic resist...or...use an ap youself as his q cant blind spells simple!
Even with magic resist, if he has liandry and void staff the shrooms hurt. The blind doesnt bother me so much, it really is about the shrooms. One champ having free wards on a map where other wards are banned? DO NOT WANT.

Danielhead

12-30-2012

grez's spectral lantern/ hextech sweeper. both are broken items. use the active to scan for shrooms.

Uparmored

12-30-2012

What is the best item build for a TT teemo

Fants E Pants

12-31-2012

Oracles elixer....

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLayerOfNOOB View Post
Text
I've countered endless Teemo's in Threes. All you need to do is have a team with Grez or Sweeper and USE IT TO CHECK common Shroom spots. Also, build to counter him early game so you can shut him down before late game. With Aegis+2 of it's Auras (Teammate has one too) and Wit's End I'm sitting at 200MR. The money required to buy Wit's end and Aegis is significantly less than the money required to purchase Blackfire's Torch and Void Staff. Counter them before they counter you.

Str84ward

12-31-2012

It's not teemos fault lol...it's the damn blackfire torch D: so op even when they nerfed it recently
i can roll cass with a blackfire torch and my ult+w+e/q will wipe a whole team if timed correcly lol

SaintHax

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLayerOfNOOB View Post
Even with magic resist, if he has liandry and void staff the shrooms hurt. The blind doesnt bother me so much, it really is about the shrooms. One champ having free wards on a map where other wards are banned? DO NOT WANT.
NOOB, your logic is faulty-- ban Karthus. A champion that can nuke every other champion in the game on TT, when no one else can? DO NOT WANT!

It's his ultimate for QQ out loud. It's what makes him special. The radius of sight it gives is about the same as melee attack range! In addition you have other champs, like Nidalee, that has sight granting traps that can't be removed. Yeah, they are different, that's sorta the point of champions.

Besides, he's not even that tough when countered and that's why ranked players continue to come in here and say he's rarely played in ranked games.

AndersMMO

12-31-2012

Teemo is an easily beatable opponent if you run with a competent team and have the know how of what needs to happen to bring him down;

Run 2 Bruisers with Grez's Spectral Lantern, one of which builds tanky and picks-up an Oracle's. - Shrooms should no longer be an issue. (Probably something like a tank Xin, Wukong, or J4 going Boots cloth 5pot > Grez > Phage > 2 Speeds > Giant's Belt > Oracle > FroMal)

Run Tenacity in Defense tree on both your AD bruisers in order to mitigate Blind time. And, ensure that your team's skill set has enough effective gap closers to hone in on, and global (Kill in the time of one "Global Cooldown" [the minimum time it takes a player in between skill use; caused by game calculation and inperfect human reflexes; I.E; You send 3 people in on the Teemo, he uses one skill, you all use 1 skill, and he is dead already.]) the Teemo before he can Shroom the zone in which the fight is actually taking place.

Have your jungler gank early and put him behind pre-6, and ensure that you take him out as many times as possible in the first 14-18 minutes of the game. Once he has Witchcap, the whole landscape of the match changes, your gap closers lose most of their efficacy, and the balance of net game presence tilts in Teemo's favour. So, before he secures that item (a presumed second item post-BFT), you need to have at least 1-2 turrets down and strong map control of the opposing jungle to lock out Shroom accumulation.

In synopsis; Teemo isn't worthy of a ban, you just need to know how to fight him.