I can't seem to improve.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuschiaNoise

12-30-2012

I've been playing league for about 4-5 months now, and I did very well after the first few weeks of learning the ropes. I watched lots of streams, downloaded LOLReplay and studied my defeats. I would win most of my games, and most of them with very few deaths.

Now, however, after reaching the mid-to-late 20s in level, I've started losing game, after game, after game, or winning a game not because of anything I did, but because a teammate was just so much better than everyone else they carried the entire game.

The biggest problem is, I'm not doing any better. In fact, as time goes on, I seem to be getting worse. My team is always yelling at me for not knowing what to do or when to do it, but I'm doing the same things I've always done, and have worked for me in the past...

I see players in my games that are silver or gold and even the occasional platinum bordered during the load screen. My question is, will things ever get better, or am I doomed to continue to fail?

I heard some things about hidden elo, and someone pointed me to a calculator for it. With 80 wins and 67 losses, it says I'm at about 1401 estimated hidden elo, but I just don't feel like I'm that much better than the average, if at all.

EDIT: At least half of my total losses on SR are since I've hit lv 20.

megaslayer321a

12-30-2012

If any1 has told you that you will not get better that's a lie don't let ragers get you down you can get better than you are and should always strive to get better especially if you enjoy the game.

Trust me i know i got from 1-30 only playing with my lvl 30 friend up untill i hit about lvl 20-25 i would go like 2-10-4(random numbers truth if probably worse) now on average if I'm playing non support i tend to go 6/2/10 or on support 0-2/1-3/20+.

now i'm more then willing to admit i'm no pro but my point still stands which is yes you can get better.

Final Zenith

12-30-2012

Hey man don't get too down about it. I go on losing streaks that can go for 4~5 games then on a win streak. If you want you can join me and my friends we usually play premade teams. IGN: DarkDango :P

dmgovertime

12-30-2012

You probably just need more positive people on your team to help you out. I know how the losing streak thing is though. I went from a 1600 elo to 1000s last season. lol It's frustrating, but it happens. I was 6-0 this season and lost like 7 in a row... Feel free to send me a friend request and ill play some normals with you if you'd like. Ill try to help out any way i can. Im not on as much as I used to be with my new work schedule though, but when im on ill play as long as im not in a full premade already.

Korodon

12-30-2012

Here's some generic advice:

* Keep an eye on the mini-map. During laning, know when a lane is MIA, and pay special attention to the junglers (knowing where their jungler is diminishes his global pressure). After laning, pay attention to where the teams are. Is the enemy team going to Baron/Dragon? Are you about to facecheck a bush that everyone else knows the whole enemy team just walked into?

* Learn how to win trades in the laning phase. Some champs, like Lux, are pretty straightforward because of their strong & safe poke. When possible, harass your opponent when they go in to last hit, especially if they have to an ability to farm. Others require a deeper understanding of the matchup. Go for a kill if possible, or if you've lose the trades, go back to heal. Don't hang around if you're gonna die.

* Lee Sin is going to gank at level 2. The only question is where.

* Win your lane, or at least don't feed it. Everyone will lose a lane, either because they get outplayed, are ganked early, or are faced with a direct counter. If you've lost the lane, just don't feed it. If your opponent is 5/1/0 at the end of the laning phase and you're 0/5/1, you horribly blundered.

* Know how to play matchups. Lux is strong vs Kat as long as you don't get into shunpo range. If she does, the power scale flips and you feed.

* In mid, especially against strong roamers like Eve and Kat, don't let them roam freely. If they push, push back. When they leave, either follow (directly behind or parallel through your jungle) or punish their tower.

Charcole

12-30-2012

I think the main problem is you are comparing yourself to when you are level 20. Not very many people have developed any sort of skill whatsoever until level 30. You have to play countless games to get better, you can't just play 1 game a day and expect to rise in the ranks. I only play about 5 games a day and I feel as though I should playing atleast 15 to get better than where I am at now.