DoTA and LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoppazAndDakka View Post
Pray tell, who is imbalanced? While there are a core group of heroes that pros prefer, this often fluctuates as the meta shifts every few months (Nerubian Assassin becoming a top pick/ban for example), there are no heroes who absolutely break the game. Everything can be countered and countered hard. Don't mistake low level pubs not playing right for bad balance. Ursa and Phantom Assassin might be tearing up your games but they are far from ideal picks once the enemy knows how to pick and play.
I agree with you except for possibly Drow and a few others---that said, all of these potentially "game breaking" heroes are explicitly banned and disallowed from Captain's Mode as they're still undergoing extensive testing.

KevinL337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Dota aus server is out now **** yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ultra low ping

ChoppazAndDakka

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
The way how fast champions can get a lead with one death, how effective you can shut someone down after a small lead, and numerous champion kits are imbalanced.

I dont know enough names or skill names to start pointing fingers, but compared to LoL Dota 2 is very much imbalanced.

Also, being able to counter something, does not make it unbalanced. There are several situations like that in LoL and that doesnt make it ok.
One kill will not make a hero take off, nor will one death ruin a hero. Especially early on, when respawn timers and gold loss are low. However, dying combined with bad play will ruin a hero, which is how it should be. If you consistently play bad then you will fall behind. And there is always comeback potential. All it takes is one good team fight to get some gold swing back your way. Do not attribute lack of ability to play the game properly to imbalance.

You cannot make a claim like that without naming names. Tell me some imbalanced heroes and I will happily explain why you are wrong. The only heroes that might potentially be imbalanced, Drow and Centaur, are not allowed in Captain's Mode and this cannot be considered. Everyone else is in line and doesn't break the game. It's not perfectly balanced, there are some weaker heroes, but none that are so strong they are completely overpowering.

I only consider this true if the counters are specific to one certain item/hero. However, Dota always provides multiple options. You can counter with multiple heroes, items, and just playing around it properly. Every option has multiple counter plays, that's what makes it balanced.

wwong3

01-03-2013

So I just got off a game where my team was behind the enemy team by 15,000 gold. We won. =]

Eggimannd

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post

I dont know enough names or skill names to start pointing fingers, but compared to LoL Dota 2 is very much imbalanced.
If you haven't played/watched enough Dota 2 to know the names of heroes/skills, you're in absolutely no position to say the game is imbalanced.

Case in point you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Surakai

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwong3 View Post
No, it has a perma CC. Let me explain. There's this guy that can move faster than anyone else and have a 17% chance to stun for 1.7 seconds every single attack. You stack attack speed and you'll be perma stunning everyone!
oh I see, not only does it have 7+ second CC and invulnerabilities, it also has combat RNG!

lol so stupid, idk why people play this garbage.

wwong3

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuramaki View Post
oh I see, not only does it have 7+ second CC and invulnerabilities, it also has combat RNG!

lol so stupid, idk why people play this garbage.
Because strategy and thought is involved. I'm sorry you're incapable of understanding this much. Also evasion won't help you here since you ignored the fact that I already debunked your point about long stuns only to spout more of the same nonsense. I'm waiting for an actual response here so are you going to give me something or just going to repeat the same thing over and over hoping it'll have some effect even when proven wrong a million times by people of every type of forum?

TenseiSan

01-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuramaki View Post
it also has combat RNG!
What, like critical hits? The mechanic that exists in LoL as well?